World Stock Markets

Yes. There’s no CGT when rebalancing either a pension or an investment bond.

You’d only incur a CGT charge by rebalancing a direct holding such as a unit trust or OEIC.
I was talking about Unit Trusts and OEICs. So I guess the only way is to do it over a period of years and stay below the CGT threshold.

You can but I think you need a reasonable understanding of finance in general and you are correct that most people get their statement each year and bin it or pop in in a drawer. The industry doesn’t help itself by complicating matters.

The tax side of things is the key. Very few people are fully aware of how this works and how it can impact on withdrawing funds. A lot of people have taken pensions under the new rules and been taxed on a month 1 basis which sees them hit with 45% tax. You can claim it back of course, but again, not an easy process for someone with little understanding.

Financial education should be introduced to schools and colleges.

A fucking gree!

If us plebs understood how it all worked and manipulated the system accordingly the 1% wouldn’t be where they are now.

Give me a shout if you do and there are ways around the £1m lifetime allowance.

Such as ?

I know you can crystallise an investment (@ 1M) which potentially grows above the £1M but I don’t know what the tax implications are of this when you draw down or if you take a lump sum.

I just hope economists forecasted this weeks troubles 15 years ago?

Sarcasm mate directed at those claiming government forecasts of impending doom over the next 15 years after we have left the EU.

As we have seen from the markets this week and the B o E revising interest rate forecasts only made 3 months ago, money is incredibly fluid and anyone claiming to know what will happen over any sort of lengthy time period is nothing but complete guess work as anything can and often does happen.

Sarcasm mate directed at those claiming government forecasts of impending doom over the next 15 years after we have left the EU.

As we have seen from the markets this week and the B o E revising interest rate forecasts only made 3 months ago, money is incredibly fluid and anyone claiming to know what will happen over any sort of lengthy time period is nothing but complete guess work as anything can and often does happen.
The markets and the economy are two hugely different beasts mate.

This whole wobble is due to the Yank economy growing much faster than anyone thought, something that most would probably think would boost the stock market.

The markets and the economy are two hugely different beasts mate.

This whole wobble is due to the Yank economy growing much faster than anyone thought.

They are but did anyone forecast such a rapid rise in the US economy?

My point is if it's that easy to forecast things then everyone would be millionaires.

I've used this thread to have a dig so apologies. Will go back to the brexit thread now ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.