Autobiographies good or bad?

I liked Andy morrisons and uwe roslers particularly as theyve got eventful stories to tell.

Niall quinn spent a lot of his going on about hurling if I remember right.

I never saw them play but enjoyed mike doyle's, and Stan bowles was a good read even if it was mostly about gambling and he came across like a right bastard. Can't remember which one it was now but one of them gave a good insight into how they dealt with shithouse tackles in those days!

got Bert trautmanns somewhere and have got Agueros ready to read. Hopefully he'll be able to do another one in a few years about winning the champions league and breaking some more records!

The Schindler book seemed amusing at first but it's from before City became brilliant and successful (OK, and rich) and he wallows in enjoying their then downtrodden status compared to the rags when supporters of other clubs patronized City as "our favorite other team." Well, sod that, we've moved on since then, though Schindler thinks City have lost their soul and he'd rather be seeing them at Walsall or making a gallant run to the 5th round of the Cup. Plus for many pages he's full of himself as a cricketer and for passing the 11

Don't think I managed to finish that schindler book - mostly seemed to be about cricket and just pretty boring tbh

Never read a footballer's biography. Never actually felt the need. Maybe I'll find a player that I care enough about at some point in the future to maybe delve into one. Might give Beckham's a go as he overcame huge obstacles to become England's greatest ever midfielder.....

I don't know if it's been mentioned but Jimmy Armfield's "The Autobiography: Right Back to the Beginning" had terrific reviews on Amazon (not read it myself). A look back to how football was and how it is now. If it reads like the man himself it'll be pretty damn good. An intelligent, thinking man.

Always wanted go read the Brian Clough autobiography. Also the Paul Lake one keeps getting mentioned. Would love to hear a detailed account of those difficult City years by somebody who was in the thick of it. That doctor who told him he could "If I'd have seen you straight away you'd have been back playing soccer by now." Jeez. Tough lot.

Paul Lake, Uwe Rosler and Colin Bell's autobiography's were great reads.

Bert Trautmann's was also a superb read even though it was a biography.

I loved Lance Armstrong’s ‘it’s not about the bike’

And convinced myself for the longest time that he was not a cheat...

Cheating **** !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.