How many points to win the league?

Our potential rearranged games towards the end of the season don’t only depend on our progression in the FA Cup but also Swansea and Brighton who may both be in the 1/4 Final draw. The lack of available midweeks to play these rearranged games would depend on us progressing in the CL. If we don’t do that, we should be able to fit Swansea and Brighton in no problem.

Personally, I hope we have real difficulty arranging some postponed fixtures.

Might we have to drop some points if we want the trophy presented at the derby?
No, if my maths are right, if both teams get maximum points up until the derby, even if we beat them, The earliest we can win the league is the following match. (against spurs at Wembley)

And believe me that would be just as sweet for those of us old & ugly enough to still hold a massive grudge (Re 81, Ricky Villa, & all that bad sh*t)

Last edited:
No, if my maths are right, if both teams get maximum points up until the derby, even if we beat them, The earliest we can win the league is the following match. (against spurs at Wembley)

And believe me that would be just as sweet for those of us old & ugly enough to still hold a massive grudge (Re 81, Ricky Villa, & all that bad sh*t)

If this happens we would be 19 pts clear with 5 games to go, so we would’ve won the title beating Utd

Serious question, we've drawn 3 and lost 1 in 27 ( plus only 1 other defeat in all competitions so far), so why are we only winning 4, drawing 4 and losing 3 from the next 11 league games ?

We're not.

Liverpool 85 points?

The bookies will give you 100/1 or better so get on.

This is what I mentioned a couple of weeks ago in a post. I look at how many teams can catch us and as each week goes by and it's one less, I'm happy!

4 the magic number now ( not so good for our Chinese contingent (LOL)) which is the number of wins that will DEFINITELY win us the title this year.

In October I thought we needed 87 points , In November 86 points , In December 85 points , In January 84 points now 84 will be more than enough.

Notice the trend in March its likely to be less.

Only Manure can reach 84 points now and that's going to be a huge stretch for them given the disaster known as Pogba and Sanchez that has befallen them.

If they want any chance of success next year they will have to get rid of Mou in the summer.

You’re maths are not correct.

In short, we’re 16 ahead, there are 5 games after the derby(15 points). If we both go unbeaten and we beat them in the derby, the title is ours.

Best City can finish -------- 105 points
Current City average ------ 101 points
Premier League record ---- 95 points
Club record finish ---------- 89 points
Best United can finish ----- 89 points
Best Liverpool can finish -- 87 points
Best Chelsea can finish ---- 86 points
Best Spurs can finish ------- 85 points
Current United average ---- 79 points
Best Arsenal can finish ----- 78 points
Current Liverpool average - 76 points
Current Chelsea average --- 73 points
Current Spurs average ------ 73 points
Current City total ---------- 72 points
Best Burnley can finish ----- 69 points
Current Arsenal average --- 63 points
Current United total -------- 56 points
Current Liverpool total ----- 54 points
Current Spurs total ---------- 52 points
Current Chelsea total ------- 50 points
Current Arsenal total ------- 45 points

So the based on the current average points hauls, no team other than us is expected to get over 80 points, although I think at least 1 team will, probably Liverpool, maybe United as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.