Do you really believe the league is over...?

I believe the rags believe its over.
A few weeks ago Mata was quoted in the Spanish media as saying they would win the title as they would win ALL their remaining games. Since that day their win/loss stats are W 1 L 2.. His maths are obviously crap as he ignored the then 15 point gap anyway.

To be honest mate, I honestly couldn't care less beyond our next match. I don't even look that far down the fixture list & I think this is how Guardiola approaches matches.

If nothing, it's a mentality thing. When you start planning much beyond what you have in front of you, you tend to lose focus on what's right under your nose.

I've no issues with people playing Pythagoras with league table mathematics, but I'd rather look at our season on a game by game basis.

Question: At what point of following seasons do we commence working out how many wins, for the title?

I was only referring to the fact you think the league season is not over which is true it finishes in May but for us to lose it from here then we have to lose 8 of our last 11 games and even then we may still scrap in if we win the other three.

Your statement does infer you are thinking about the rest of the season in fact it does more than imply when you say the season is not over yet assuming you mean more than just the obvious that it finishes in May for all teams.

Its natural as it draws to a close to think about what has been achieved and what lies ahead as is always the case.

You look at history and you look at results and you can draw some conclusions as to how things are likely to plan out , distribution theory as opposed to Pythagoras is what its coined in both parametric and non parametric statistics.

Likelihood doesn't mirror eventually always hence the term distribution but as all managers have conceded the title to us as have the bookies as have all the pundits at least in those quarters they believe or know its done and dusted.

I don't think it is until we win 4 more games or the equivalent of at this stage but after each round that has to be reviewed.

We certainly won;t need more than 84 points which will come to pass once the season is finished its a question of whether do that of course.

As you state the obvious one match at a time and as for future years well lets look at that in more detail come August.

Its a great time to be a City supporter we all agree on that.

Would rather wrap it up and forget about the points record and get key players concentrating on the 2 cups qtr/semi and finals.we could still be in by then.

also would be nice to give the young uns some time on the pitch if we have won in, can live with dropping points if it means more cups and experience for the youth.
though at least healthy 9 poomt gap at the end to show how we won at a canter is preferable.
This all day. Trophies not points . I won't care if we we won title with 50 points.....I want our gold badge back . People will talk about a treble or quad plus super cup and world championship forever..........think of that.

After being a City fan since the 1950's, I am one of the biggest pessimists there is.

However I think the League should start engraving the medals and trophy and dust up the ribbons, nobody is going to catch us now.

This league is over. I understand City fans not wanting to celebrate too early, but this title has been in the bag since October. I also think you'll break several records that Chelsea are currently the holders of;

Most goals scored - Record is 103 by Chelsea in 09/10. City currently on 79 with 11 games left.
Most points - Record is 95 by Chelsea in 04/05. City currently on 72 with 11 games left.
Most wins in a season - Record is 30 set by Chelsea in 16/17. City currently on 23 with 11 games left.

One record that you will not be breaking, and will not be broken by anyone for a long, long time is goals conceded. Chelsea conceded just 15 goals in the entire 04/05 season.

Overall, this will be a record breaking season for you guys, and if you can follow it up with another title next season, whilst also wining the CL this season or next season, I would argue there is a case for this City team to be the best in PL history.

How you would you guys prefer to end the season. Win the title at home vs United, or win it before and have United and Mourinho give City players a guard of honour? I suspect it is the former :)

Neville does. :-)

Screenshot_20180212-094149.png

One record that you will not be breaking, and will not be broken by anyone for a long, long time is goals conceded. Chelsea conceded just 15 goals in the entire 04/05 season.

We obviously won't break it this year, but it wouldn't surprise me if we threatened that in the future. Guardiola's football when executed properly is as about as effective a defence as exists in football, hence why his teams have always conceded the fewest goals in the league with the excpetion of last season.

When you look back at the goals we've conceded this year, a lot have been from silly mistakes, very young players making errors or the team losing control of a match. That's going to happen less and less as the team develops, as players like Zinchenko and Delph get better at playing LB, and as the squad gets deeper so players like Fernandinho and Otamendi can be rested more often and play at their best more often.

I expect us to have a season conceding under 20 with Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.