Do you really believe the league is over...?

I was only referring to the fact you think the league season is not over which is true it finishes in May but for us to lose it from here then we have to lose 8 of our last 11 games and even then we may still scrap in if we win the other three.

Your statement does infer you are thinking about the rest of the season in fact it does more than imply when you say the season is not over yet assuming you mean more than just the obvious that it finishes in May for all teams.

Its natural as it draws to a close to think about what has been achieved and what lies ahead as is always the case.

You look at history and you look at results and you can draw some conclusions as to how things are likely to plan out , distribution theory as opposed to Pythagoras is what its coined in both parametric and non parametric statistics.

Likelihood doesn't mirror eventually always hence the term distribution but as all managers have conceded the title to us as have the bookies as have all the pundits at least in those quarters they believe or know its done and dusted.

I don't think it is until we win 4 more games or the equivalent of at this stage but after each round that has to be reviewed.

We certainly won;t need more than 84 points which will come to pass once the season is finished its a question of whether do that of course.

As you state the obvious one match at a time and as for future years well lets look at that in more detail come August.

Its a great time to be a City supporter we all agree on that.
Just for clarity, I'm not stating the season is over in May which it obviously is, I'm referring to the various staging posts eg: Carabao Cup, PL, FA Cup, CL.

Each one is still in front of us & the further down the line we go, the more fixtures will begin to pile up. Take this month for instance; we don't have another PL match until March because of various cup commitments.

We will still have to play those rearranged matches, which will mean less rest in between for our players. This will give an advantage to all those around us, notwithstanding the fact we have points in the bank to help.

I suppose it comes down to the way individuals look at our season. I've personally learned to deal with what's in front of me & that's how I view Manchester City.

Deal with what we have to deal with & then move to the next staging post. At the end of the season, look back & assess it, & we might have just collected some silverware along the way. Celebrate it, get over it, & then deal with what is in front if us again which will be a summer transfer window, pre-season & then a new season where we do it all over again.

One of the things I believe affected Leicester, is they never got over or stopped celebrating their unlikely PL win. From Ranieri to the playing squad, they kept on believing their season would just come good again, but it didn't.

I can't stand the man, but I've grown to admire what Alex Ferguson achieved. He had a similar mindset to Guardiola whereby he dealt with matters one game at a time. It proved successful for ManUre & I've always found the quickest way fro A - D is look at someone who has passed B & C. If it worked for them, logic suggests it's probably the best practice for our long term progression.

Records are made to be broken. It's still there in history, whatever.

The most important thing for City & for Chelsea is to continue trying to make history, now & in the future, rather than living in it, like Utd & Liverpool.

I don't really care about the guard of homour thing, or in particular winning the title v the rags, although it would be fun.

I would however, greatly enjoy helping dump them out of next season's Champions League.

I'm just trying to hold on to a bit of dignity for my club :)

In all honesty though, you are completely right. I just don't don't feel very optimistic about Chelsea immediate future, so I'm hanging on to past glories as hard as I can.

Yes, we are definitely going to be Champions this year and we won't have to wait until the last nailbiting fixture of the season either.

I'm just trying to hold on to a bit of dignity for my club :)

In all honesty though, you are completely right. I just don't don't feel very optimistic about Chelsea immediate future, so I'm hanging on to past glories as hard as I can.

It's a strange thing they do at Chelsea, which feels to me from the outside, as if the powers that be don't actually like the idea of 'stability' re managers etc, perhaps feeling it leads to apathy, I don't know, but it feels like they actually want the managers to go, after a couple of seasons.

But irrespective, there are a lot of very good players at Chelsea, a very good set of young players & plenty of money. I think Conte did a great job, but it's gone sour apparently. With the right manager next & a couple of signings though, they are still potentially the team City will need to finish above imo.

I've the same opinion as last time.

Patience and reservation.

If things go to plan we have all summer to gob off and don't need to be doing it now.
Yep, let's keep our powder dry until it's in the bag. Then let the fucking red arseholes have it both barrels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.