Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Don’t know the stat but it hardly surprises me tbh. We have often seen a game like yesterday with the opponent putting up a fight only to lose breathe and concentration when we manage to go another gear. That’s why I don’t understand the many negative comments at half time.

I just said to the misses it’s another one where we need to step up as we get punished for the moments we try to save energy. We did and produced a brilliant second half allowing Leicester absolutely nowt. Another step to winning the league. What a fantastic team to watch week in week out. We should just be very proud and feel lucky to be able to witness what is happening.

But I don't think it was fatigue that did Leicester on Saturday but the sheer quality of our play in the second half. There seemed to be little danger in the 49th minute, Leicester seemed well positioned and then KdB played "the" pass which no-one else in the ground saw to Sergio in about 9 inches of space and bingo. The third was the result of our tempo and Sergio's ferocious finish. The fourth was a mistake by Schmeichel but owed a lot to Sergio's instincts and the fifth .... not a lot anyone could have done about that one!

You responded to me, so I explained my perspective. I really don't care what kiam said.

The highlighted portion of your post is the problem. People MAKE SHIT UP. You literally are quoting my post where I said he is a DIFFERENT player than he was 4 years ago. You somehow interpret that as WORSE.

Talk about making shit up, you quoted my post replying to Kiam, that is you getting involved in another conversation, he was wumming his head off and I answered your question in perfectly fine fashion but you still wanted to rattle on in the next reply.

You said "do you think he still has that" to my reply to Kiam saying "he was still sharp and fast enough to knock four in", then you implied he is better at some things now and worse at others.

So all your posts to me so far implied he is not the same player, straying to the derogatory end of the scale, he is not sharp or fast anymore etc etc so this really is saying he is worse than he was 4 years ago, no you did not actually state "he is worse" but you damn well said as much with implication.

Look at the end of the day folk giving him a slating (Kiam) get replied to like what happened, especially on a day when he was slating Aguero who had just smashed four fucking goals in, several other people took him(Kiam) to task, a mod banned him for the rest of the night but you choose me to argue the toss with about Aguero being not as sharp or as fast as he was 4 years ago.

You got involved in somebody else's conversation, now go and find somebody else to pester as I can't be arsed arguing with you any longer.

Talk about making shit up, you quoted my post replying to Kiam, that is you getting involved in another conversation, he was wumming his head off and I answered your question in perfectly fine fashion but you still wanted to rattle on in the next reply.

You said "do you think he still has that" to my reply to Kiam saying "he was still sharp and fast enough to knock four in", then you implied he is better at some things now and worse at others.

So all your posts to me so far implied he is not the same player, straying to the derogatory end of the scale, he is not sharp or fast anymore etc etc so this really is saying he is worse than he was 4 years ago, no you did not actually state "he is worse" but you damn well said as much with implication.

Look at the end of the day folk giving him a slating (Kiam) get replied to like what happened, especially on a day when he was slating Aguero who had just smashed four fucking goals in, several other people took him(Kiam) to task, a mod banned him for the rest of the night but you choose me to argue the toss with about Aguero being not as sharp or as fast as he was 4 years ago.

You got involved in somebody else's conversation, now go and find somebody else to pester as I can't be arsed arguing with you any longer.

This is a forum. There is no such think as an individual conversation. The point is that multiple people can engage in a discussion.

What did I actually make up?

KDB playing like a god. He was hitting his signature raking diagonal curling pass on his debut. I knew he was seriously good before he joined - he's now off the scale. There's no better midfield pairing than Kevin and David anywhere in Europe. But don't forget about Fernandinho - coming up to 33. Pep has improved him in his 30s !!!! Right now, we have arguably the best midfield trio combo anywhere in Europe.

Look at my other comment. Under Pep, Colin would be off the scale colossal. Colin played on crap pitches with a heavier ball.

Colin was every inch a Pep type player - vicious seriously powerful shot, class first touch, fastest player in the Division, covered more miles than any player in the Division, more stamina than any player in the Division, exceptional passing range with very little backlift, tremendous header of the ball, could go past players in a variety of ways - whether by pure skill or his surge, and a goalscoring record that any top class centre forward would be proud of. Pep would love all these attributes, but the thing that says 'Pep player' about Colin was his ability to win tackles and close players down. He was also a leader by example. Am I exaggerating ? No way, he was that damn good. Decades ahead of his time. In this era, in this Champions League era - he would be worth the thick end of £200m. A gentleman - a decent, humble and principled guy.

Think of the Yaya surge, now think of a player doing that countless times every game without breaking sweat. That player would be Colin.
Colin was decades ahead of his time 50 years ago. He'd probably be decades ahead of his time if he was playing now. 150-odd career goals by the age of 29 from midfield. But for injury, he would have finished his career with at least 200 goals from midfield. There are older journos who to this day say Colin is England's greatest ever midfielder. All us oldies get a bit choked up when he walks onto the pitch as part of some pre-match ceremony or other - he still brings the stadium to its feet and we start chanting his name like when we were teenagers.

don't feed the fuckwit troll,he should stick to trump and baseball

He was but for short periods.

I mean that 13/14 season was outrageous he was that good.

I think, because of the time on his side, KDB will surpass Silva by the time he leaves.

Silva is currently my favourite ever City player but I think in 8 years it’ll be KDB.
With Yaya it sometimes looked like 16 year olds v 12 year olds. David has controlled our tempo for seven years. We play better when David plays - he's giving us the finest years of his career. The game almost looks too easy for Kevin. David, Yaya, Vinnie, Sergio, Zaba and Kevin - football gods every one of 'em. Years down the line there'll be tv progs about this generation.

Kevin's play is surreal right now. David keeps possession, hits forward passes through small gaps and still has a colossal pass completion rate, goes past players with pure skill, tenacious in the tackle and when he hasn't got the ball takes up positions exactly half way between the nearest two defenders. They hesitate as to which one should engage and by the time the defender makes the move David is off and away with the ball stuck to that left foot. You can't compare the two players - two geniuses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.