Veganism

What is your point about nettles? Are you against hurting plants?
I'm about the same with hurting plants as I am with hurting animals, birds, insects or fish. If there's a tangible benefit in doing so I'll do it with no qualms.
Weeds in the garden? Poisoned and binned.
Tree blocking out light to the house? That's what the chainsaw is for.
Feel like eating veg, no problem.
Feel like eating fruit, no problem.
Meat, Fowl, Fish? No problem there either.
Pests in the house? Dead.
Even had Seagulls try to nest on the roof a few years back, they're all dead too, they bothered my dogs.
Would I hurt the dogs? No, I love the fuckers.
Would I hurt the cat? Definitely, if I could catch the ****.
Do I give a fuck about the rights of sheep or cattle in a slaughterhouse? No, they're domesticated, they wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for humans and they threw their lot in with ours thousands of years ago. If you'd ever worked with horses you'd know the fucking difference between a tame species and a captive one mate.

I haven't told anyone what to eat. It's a discussion on veganism on a veganism thread. If you don't want to read it don't click on the thread.
I'll click on whatever I like, and read whatever I like.

As the other lad pointed out, at least you aren't as bad as Father Kiam, and the Holy Mellow Joe.

I'm about the same with hurting plants as I am with hurting animals, birds, insects or fish. If there's a tangible benefit in doing so I'll do it with no qualms.
Even had Seagulls try to nest on the roof a few years back, they're all dead too, they bothered my dogs.
Do I give a fuck about the rights of sheep or cattle in a slaughterhouse? No, they're domesticated, they wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for humans and they threw their lot in with ours thousands of years ago. If you'd ever worked with horses you'd know the fucking difference between a tame species and a captive one mate.

Bravo sir......bravo!

Dogs are domesticated though, so why is it not OK to hurt or kill them but it's OK to kill cattle because they are domesticated? I find it interesting that people are conditioned to love dogs but happy to eat pigs, which are just as intelligent than dogs. I would look to not hurt anything unless I had too.

Veganism is about avoiding harm to animals as far as possible and practical, so I would do the best thing I could do in the situation after looking at all the alternatives.
Really? Here's me thinking it was a diet consisting of not consuming or using animal derived products. Didn't realise it had evolved into a political a ethical ideology.

Dogs are domesticated though, so why is it not OK to hurt or kill them but it's OK to kill cattle because they are domesticated? I find it interesting that people are conditioned to love dogs but happy to eat pigs, which are just as intelligent than dogs. I would look to not hurt anything unless I had too.
Because the deal with dogs was that we'd share food with them in return for help hunting and protecting our homes.

The deal with livestock was that we'd keep the nasty predators away while they ate and bred in return for killing and eating a manageable number of them.

On top of that, I love my dogs and wouldn't particularly enjoy killing and eating them, they're family.
If you don't understand that part, you're probably a sociopath.

We cannot eat dogs because dogs eat an exclusively meat based diet, pigs and cows do not. Law of nature; don't eat animals that also eat meat. Unless you want your DNA unravelled like a messy ball of string.

Really? Here's me thinking it was a diet consisting of not consuming or using animal derived products. Didn't realise it had evolved into a political a ethical ideology.

Vegan society definition:

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.