Veganism

So are dogs. His reply to why is it OK to eat one & not the other was "Law of nature; don't eat animals that also eat meat".
Dogs are not omnivores, they are exclusively carnivores. You can introduce grain into their diet, but is must be done safely and moderately and the bulk must still be meat.

Do me and everyone else a favour; never own a dog.

Dogs are not omnivores, they are exclusively carnivores. You can introduce grain into their diet, but is must be done safely and moderately and the bulk must still be meat.

Do me and everyone else a favour; never own a dog.

Do you own a dog?

Donald Watson coined the term vegan in 1944 when he co-founded the Vegan Society in England. At first he used it to mean "non-dairy vegetarian", but from 1951 the Society defined it as "the doctrine that man should live without exploiting animals".

I would say as they coined the term they get to define what it means.
That's not how it works. Society as a whole defines the term, not a singular group.

So are dogs. His reply to why is it OK to eat one & not the other was "Law of nature; don't eat animals that also eat meat".
Dogs are capable of eating processed (cooked) veg to survive, it's not really healthy for them, just something they've evolved to help them to live with humans. They're also lactose intolerant to a high degree and dairy products can be fatal. They're carnivores.

Pigs, along with Bears, Badgers, most rodents and our closest relative the Chimpanzee, are omnivorous, they're designed to eat both animal and plant life and their healthiest possible diet will consist of meat, fruit and veg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.