Veganism

So are dogs. His reply to why is it OK to eat one & not the other was "Law of nature; don't eat animals that also eat meat".
Strange how lions favour zebra, wildebeest and gazelles over hyenas and leopards, isn't it.

If you got away with less than 6 month's in the chokey and didn't lose 20k from your bank account you did ok.
€500 and only because I lived in a bird sanctuary. We're discussing a bounty on them here to cull the fuckers so was never going to be much worse.

Not quite, see post above.
Not healthy to feed a domestic dog purely meat I'm afraid thousands of years of living with us and selective breeding has altered their DNA from their wolf ancestors the protein they require is no longer at the same level hence more bear like in diet than wolf like.

This is like Vegan bingo in here. All the logically false classics are out.

Does it make something morally acceptable because it was beneficial to us in the past? It could be argued that 200 years ago our society benefited from slavery being productive & beneficial, to the people who weren't slaves, does that mean it was unreasonabe, ill-judged, misdirected and unbecoming that people thought it should be abolished?

This values a human life at the same moral price as a non-human life and that is demonstrably false in almost every possible way.

How would you feel if you suddently became someone else's food in this imagined future? Do you think it would be justified for them to cut you up and eat you,because they were now the dominant species or would you prefer it if they left you to go about your own business?

Is this likely to happen? If we're talking hypotheticals that are unrealistic, what would you do if all the animals were actually mini serial killers who planned world domination and only carnivorous humans were keeping them in check? We're goddamn heroes.

As they don't have a brain, central nervous system or pain receptors it would be anatomically not possible for them to feel pain.

Pain is a human concept and not applicable to animals. They have neither the biology nor the psychology to feel pain in the same way that humans do. This is you fascisticly attempting to dominate nature, transposing human values onto living things that do not have the capacity to understand them

Not healthy to feed a domestic dog purely meat I'm afraid thousands of years of living with us and selective breeding has altered their DNA from their wolf ancestors the protein they require is no longer at the same level hence more bear like in diet than wolf like.
Nothing wrong with feeding them just meat as long as it's raw and fresh and they get things like bonemeal as well, there's also nothing wrong with feeding them heavily cooked starch with cooked meat instead. They're far from omnivores, they're carnivores with a slightly adapted diet.
Wolves would be eating fresh raw meat with bone marrow and offal, Bears eat a mix of fruit, sticks, veg, insects, and meat that would kill a dog stone dead.

Edit: the main reason we don't feed dogs a wolf diet is to control aggression.

We don't have to eat other animals though, we can survive & even thrive on a plant based diet. Growing numbers of top athletes are moving to wholefood plant based diets as they are seeing the benefits. If we had to eat them I would agree, but we can choose not too. Even cutting down could have a massive positive impact on the planet.

Would you agree that it would be a better if we tried to not destroy the eco system of the world?

The only reason a Vegan diet has become so popular/hipster is through the sheer amount of choice and how privileged we are now. People go mad at the Chinese for eating dogs but what can you do if you are starving and have a family to feed.

The thing I find with vegans and my sister is one, is that they go on about animals but don't give to shits about human lives. My sister says she won't watch blue planet because of the starving polar bears caused by global warming, she fucking drives to work lmao.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.