FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

Only glimpsed at a few pages of this thread , did we lose tonight ? No , we won away from home 4-0 at the Swiss champions who have beaten the Rags,Dippers,Spuds,Chavs and Goons in the last few years , often wonder what would make some City "fans" happy. Excellent performance tonight , won in a canter and thought we just managed the game in the 2nd half like all top european sides do .Some idiots on here commenting that when we play Barca,Real or PSG we will be found out , these three teams will not defend and play" hoof it" football like Basle , the top three teams will play into our hands , because they think they can outplay us , when actually they can't ,we are currently the best football team in europe , bar none.

What part of we played a less that full strength side tonight because we could do and still won 4-0 do you not get?

What part of we wouldn't play that side nor take our foot off the gas like we could do tonight against say Barca dont you get?

Hard of thinking? if the cap fits.

None of that was said prior to you ridiculing and selectively quoting my original post and all that you have done since when I have challenged you is to try and cover your juvenile ramblings. Go read back.

Pathetic.

Gundogan is really starting to get some form for us
now that he’s played a lot of minutes and Bernardo Silva has been really good for a while now it’s hard to keep him out of this team.

Had to laugh in the pub the commenter said a local paper had called us the passing team, I shouted out and the rags a past it team, I think a few of the lurkers wanted to beat the shit out of me :-)

Your lack of understanding doesn’t surprise me, so yes best for you to move on
This is what it has come to on here? A blue calling another blue a simpleton? And can’t even explain why, so it’s just a random ad hominem for jollies?

@blueinsa See what I am getting at?

Some perspective ...

"The 4-0 win for Pep Guardiola's side is the largest margin ever for an English team away from home in the Champions League knockout rounds."

"In 2014-15, Basel made it to the second round at Liverpool’s expense after beating Jurgen Klopp’s side at home and earning a 1-1 draw at Anfield. The season prior, they missed out on a knockout spot despite beating group winners Chelsea twice. And in 2011-12, they upset United with a 3-3 draw at Old Trafford before winning 2-1 in Switzerland to get into the last-16 ahead of them."

Only glimpsed at a few pages of this thread , did we lose tonight ? No , we won away from home 4-0 at the Swiss champions who have beaten the Rags,Dippers,Spuds,Chavs and Goons in the last few years , often wonder what would make some City "fans" happy. Excellent performance tonight , won in a canter and thought we just managed the game in the 2nd half like all top european sides do .Some idiots on here commenting that when we play Barca,Real or PSG we will be found out , these three teams will not defend and play" hoof it" football like Basle , the top three teams will play into our hands , because they think they can outplay us , when actually they can't ,we are currently the best football team in europe , bar none.

Although I feel we have to play them, to prove the last statement, I agree.
It boils my piss when people come out with the old media crap, that we'll have to play better against better sides.
No shit Sherlock and we will. We switched off at times tonight and that's not surprising considering the opposition.

Well, to begin with you do have a problem with debating...you're not very good at it.

As for name calling, entirely justified if people are simpletons, nitwits, idiots or you.
This is an especially ironic post for so many reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.