FC Basel V Manchester City - Post-Match Thread

Agreed, he got special praise from Lampard and Dunne, well deserved spotlight.

Another class performance, Bernardo now showing the form he produced for Monaco, Gundogan also showing the benefits of regular games.

The injuries are clearing at just the right time.

Allardyce & his merry men will no doubt be eager to reverse that happy situation when we take on Everton in a few weeks time

Is the argument “if we had conceded two goals, as we could have at the end, we would have stepped up again and scored two more to sustain the 4 goal margin going in to the second leg”?

If so, ok, I can see that side. I just don’t think the way we dropped off and relaxed was necessary. We can do better when closing out matches, even whilst shifting down in the gears to allow us to conserve energy. We have done better and against better sides at that.

But perhaps you are right about giving it a rest as it seems there doesn’t seem to be much appetite for that discussion. I’ll let it go.

It was 4-0 with a 2nd leg at home still to play, against a team notorious for poor performances and heavy defeats away from home. It’s not like we were taking a major risk by dropping the intensity to conserve energy. So fucking what if we concede, as long as we qualify for the next round the job is done. It was the perfect time to let the players chill and relax.

I think we are a brilliant team. I just want to think about how we can improve further, it’s my natural tendency (which has served me well in my profession, mind). I think a certain bald Catalonian might agree with us both, though. ;-)

Your profession ? Well i still prefer the Whopper to the BigMac your lot are still knocking out , (apologies it was too tempting) . Simple facts are Basle should have had a penalty and created a couple of half chances with "hoof ball" , we scored four good goals and missed at least half a dozen more decent opportunities ,in a perfect world we win 10-3 , the world alas is not perfect , and certainly not in my profession , brain surgeon.

Fuck me is it pre valentines menopause in here tonight....

Well I love a good moan....FFS Fern stupid yellow give your head a shake...there thats about it really. All I can muster.

Just watched City win 4-0 in the first leg of the last 16 of the Champions league against a team who have recent a regular form for shoving one up apparently bigger and better sides than them. We seem not to have picked up any injuries, some back from injury getting time on the field and looking non the worse for either the lay off or their first run out post injury.

Goals being shared around, and not looking to have burnt to much fuel in killing the tie dead tonight. Cant really ask for more than that.

I love blue moon sometimes. It’s so hostile that arguments can break out even when you win 4-0 away in he champions league knock outs. Us City fans have to be made of sterner stuff to be able to survive this forum.

You see life isn't like that. You aint happy or sad most of the time you are somewhere inbetween.

You're taking all the wrong drugs dopey...and sort your fucking punctuation out, it's a fucking mess unless you are ten years old, mind you, that would explain the insightful nature of your posts.

Are you the twerp who doesn't know the difference between diluted and deluded or are you the twerp that just doesn't know what an apostrophe is or that in between is two separate words?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.