Micah Richards

Part of the Banter Brigade with Lescott, De Jong and to a lesser degree, Hart. We are a more professional looking outfit having got rid.

To me, Stuart Pearce's worst decision. He kept Richards out of the first leg of the youth cup final (played on a Friday night) to play him in a meaningless end of season 0-0 at West Ham on the Saturday and we lost 3-0 at Anfield.
He was immense in the 2nd leg and fuck knows how we only won 2-0..... i truly believe with Richards in the 1st leg we would never have lost 3-0 and would have won the youth cup for the 2nd time.
Dead right I went to the Youth loss as I felt it was a bigger game for the club at the time than West Ham.

He didn't half drop some bollocks Pearce.

A lot of them get by just on strength. Micah played as a midfielder, if I'm not wrong and was picked as full back for the first team. He didn't have the game for a midfielder. He moved into the centre and then back out to full back. He was generally poor when he overlapped. Fast and strong to get there but no end product. I just don't think the basic talent was good enough. And that's why his career went downhill quick when he lost his physical edge. He was great for us for a few seasons, mind.

He was a centre back when he came through & imo should have stayed there. It was that season when everything went to shit after Sven had moved him back into the centre & he & Dunny became a bit of a comedy double act as the season wore on, but he was only a kid & for a time, was very impressive there.

Just googled this for example re our backs to the wall performance v the rags.

'Vidic hit the bar and Carlos Tevez saw a late header fly wide but City, led by the impressive Micah Richards, held out'

'City, who had lost Valeri Bojinov to injury early on too, were simply hanging on and if it had not been for the brilliant Richards they would surely have collapsed. England coach Steve McClaren is short of centre-backs for Wednesday's friendly with Germany and he will surely be glad he can call on the 19-year-old City defender to play there, if needed. Richards, nominally a right-back, began the season in the centre under Eriksson and has emerged as a real star of the new City regime. He made one brilliant tackle to deny Tevez as the Argentine closed in on goal and then made a timely clearance after Schmeichel had dropped a Ryan Giggs cross.'

And the 1-2 return game in Feb: 'Richards and Dunne were immense for City at the back as they refused to give an out-of-sorts United any kind of sight on goal with a powerful performance. '.

That's as far along as Feb, a kid of 19-20 years old, playing vs Tevez, Ronaldo & Giggs.

We then wrote him off as a cb pretty much forever, because of a poor finish to the season.

But we effectively asked a bloke full of muscle, built to be a cb, to do 80 metre sprints for the rest of his career & bollocked him (including me) for not sprinting back fast enough.

Not sure we did him any favours as regards staying fit tbh.

He was reliant on strength & athleticism but that's hardly surprising for an English centre half.

We can see tonight how just a percentage of Kompny's ahleticism going, has caused him to make so many wrong decisions faced with a bit of pace.

David Silva will be fairly shit when he slows down 20% and Aguero will have retired.
Yeh right ppppfffttt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.