Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the Media will consider a successful season for City come May, compared to fans?

pre-season i think they had us as title challengers and have a good go at Europe but the media will forget that - will anything but league, a domestic cup and european final (win or lose) be suddenly construed as failure "considering out formidable resources (zzz)"
Cockernee rag on Talkshite was feeding the line that only winning the PL would be considered a failure with the team we have. luckily no one took the bait.

Trying to be a bit "adult" here, a bit sanguine even, so when the media show their true colours (red ) I tend to shrug or maybe raise one eyebrow. The red dippers built a formidable fan base under two very successful managers , and their appeal to a religious section of an island with a far-flung diaspora that had no champions of their own to follow. Stretford had the tragedy of Munich that garnered world-wide sympathisers but their biggest leg-up came when murdoch adopted them as his pet cash-cow to spread the sky brand to the untapped far east. So much money involved that keeping the pot boiling became crucial to an already cash-rich and ruthless organisation, one that has had little trouble controlling a subservient government, let alone a sport.
The point I'm labouring to make is that such a deeply entrenched (however misguided) support will not disappear overnight, it could take years. The foundations of a City dynasty are already laid, in playgrounds and parks, kids all over the world are attracted to a team that plays football of the kind that inspires and thrills them, makes them want to support and be associated with that team. So, patience is the key, for us fans, see the snide comments and underhand actions (ffp...ffs) for what they are......... desperate, lip-trembling efforts to resurrect the past, to make City go away. As has been said before "the past is yours the future is ours.
Wow. Well said! Best post of 2018 so far.

I imagine he means the main story is the race for the top four with pictures of Jose, Poch, Wenger, Klopp and Conte.

Meaning they're resigned to us winning the league while they all battle it out for the scraps.
skysports-jose-mourinho-jurgen-klopp-mauricio-pochettino-antonio-conte-arsene-wenger_4229240.jpg

and not a fooking word on the main page about yesterday's win

Has there been any mention in the media that we have scored 4 goals in 3 of our 4 away CL games this season, keeping clean sheets in 2 of them?
Probably not been done before by an English club.
One of the 4 was against Napoli, who are above Juventus, with whom Spurs managed an earth shattering draw.

skysports-jose-mourinho-jurgen-klopp-mauricio-pochettino-antonio-conte-arsene-wenger_4229240.jpg

and not a fooking word on the main page about yesterday's win
Yeah, there was a match report briefly featured on the main page at about 2 AM this morning (I am sorry to say I couldn’t sleep so was looking for media reaction to pass the time until I had to go into the office) but that went away fairly quickly.

I take it as a big compliment, personally, as nothing speaks louder than obvious desperation to suppress accomplishments.

Yeah, there was a match report briefly featured on the main page at about 2 AM this morning (I am sorry to say I couldn’t sleep so was looking for media reaction to pass the time until I had to go into the office) but that went away fairly quickly.

I take it as a big compliment, personally, as nothing speaks louder than obvious desperation to suppress accomplishments.

Sky, if at all possible, try not to report on the CL since they lost the rights

Sky, if at all possible, try not to report on the CL since they lost the rights
That is a good point—I think that can be extended to trying not to report on anything related to a narrative they cannot substantively manipulate, City’s progression being one of them, even outside of our CL exploits.

Sky and other media who prefer their football the way it was in the past are trying to ignore us, they dont like City, they prefer that the big fanbases of Utd etc are satisfied, meaning they get more clicks, which means one big virtuous circle of happiness and profit for all concerned, a cartel I suppose.

I think the way they are now dealing with it is to ignore us, concentrate on good old english Kane, or the rise of spurs and liverpool, or hoping that Sanchez or Jose (Utds last hopes) will deliver. I think they hope it will all go away in a couple of seasons and they can go back to normal.

I think what will happen though is that some other media outlets are going to snap up all those global City fan clicks, maybe BT (They are making an effort) or someone else will, then Sky and Talksport etc will play catch-up. Jeez TS is another station filled with dinosaurs who want the old world back, they cant understand this new football thing that is happening.

On a separate note I heard an interesting fact the other day, Only twice has the Manager of the year not been awarded to the premier winner, 11/12 & 13/14. WTF! Is that true? It's like the Aguero not being getting PotY all this time, another hint at some of the bias that is in the DNA of the british media and how it manifests itself. Disgusting, its human nature, but we all know it is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.