United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of them. But even now something about them winning the league just doesn't sit right with me. I don't believe in fairy-tales, miracles and the like, so the fact that a team who had escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth (at one stage seven points adrift at the foot of the table) one season, replace the manager in the summer, and win the Premier League the following season for the first time in their history...?

As I say, something just isn't right.

Give it up. The prem was in a poor state a few seasons ago and Leicester actually had a very good team. Everything went right for them and fair play to them. I found the bitterness towards them from City fans a tad embarrassing, no different from RedCafe at the minute.

I honestly didn't think they could be more hated than they used to be, however, they are now even turning on each other, a sort of self hatred...l.

Still Custis will say it is progress

I honestly didn't think they could be more hated than they used to be, however, they are now even turning on each other, a sort of self hatred...l.

Still Custis will say it is progress

I've always felt it's a special achievement to be loathed by everyone when successful, and still loathed when not.

Give it up. The prem was in a poor state a few seasons ago and Leicester actually had a very good team. Everything went right for them and fair play to them. I found the bitterness towards them from City fans a tad embarrassing, no different from RedCafe at the minute.

Oh, I'm certainly not bitter, not by a long way. It was like a 'perfect storm' for Leicester: everything came together for them. Fair play. But there will always be that nagging doubt in my mind that somehow they 'assisted'.

Maybe I'm just a cynical old sod.

Oh, I'm certainly not bitter, not by a long way. It was like a 'perfect storm' for Leicester: everything came together for them. Fair play. But there will always be that nagging doubt in my mind that somehow they 'assisted'.

Maybe I'm just a cynical old sod.

You are certainly are a cynical sod! Leicester won the title by 10 clear points but only got 81 points! They only scored 68 goals! They averaged about 35% possession! If they were on anything it can't have been any good. Arsenal were second (!!!) with 71 points, Spurs third with 70 and we limped home in fourth with 66. Of the four only Leicester would have made the top four in "normal" years and they wouldn't have won it. If any of those teams were on drugs they must have been sedatives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.