Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points made. I agree that Bravo looks a lot more confident this season, and i cannot complain if he gets the nod over Eddie in the final. He earned his place at Leicester on his pen saves, also redeemed himself bigtime c dippers in final. Still prefer Ederson in nets though ; )

It was Cabellero in the dippers final.

No idea why everyone always rates de Gea as the best shot stopper in the world as if it's not a contest. I'd have oblak over him every day of the week in pretty much every aspect, particularly shot stopping and dealing with the ball in the air. But Ederson is so much more than that, he stops teams even getting the chance to have those shots by coming out so quickly. If a ball was played over the top, De Gea would stay back and maybe save it and get a shit ton of praise, whereas Ederson would simply charge out, pass it simply to a teammate and no one would think there was ever any danger at all. Ederson doesn't just save shots, he prevents them from happening in the first place more often than not.

That's before you even get onto his passing ability and composure under pressure, in which he is unparalleled.

It is about opinions and I also rate De gea but only as an instinctive shot stopper. If you were to measure both against say:

Shot stopping
Command of box
1 V 1
set pieces
Distribution

I would say Eddie would come out on top
Dear Gea is probably most widely regarded as the best keeper in the world, and his reflex shot stopping is very impressive. He's been good for years and has saved the rags many points in games. Thing is, we haven't really seen how good Ederson is at shot stopping is as our all round dominance and alert defence, plus Eddie's awareness at snuffing out attacks means he hasn't really been called upon to make too many one on one saves.

Dear Gea is probably most widely regarded as the best keeper in the world, and his reflex shot stopping is very impressive. He's been good for years and has saved the rags many points in games. Thing is, we haven't really seen how good Ederson is at shot stopping is as our all round dominance and alert defence, plus Eddie's awareness at snuffing out attacks means he hasn't really been called upon to make too many one on one saves.
or you could argue DeGea's not very good because he doesn't snuff out chances before he has to save them :-)

It’s hard to deny De Gea’s brilliance, but it’s also worth noting that United are wank defensively and it’s easier for a keeper when you’re continually up against shots. Ederson has to remain concentrated all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.