Today's shooting in America thread

Oh ffs to be honest im just trying to get the statistics im not reading the links.

So when you google it you get the insane brigade talking about it or the mainstream media saying science says drugs make people less violent.

Really is a disturbing world we live in.

It doesn’t excuse this. It was a planned a terror attack. Had his name been Mohammed the narrative wouldn’t be “mental issues”. The article you quote could have been written by the NRA itself. Looking at the other stories it’s the kind of stuff that makes faux news look like a responsible news source.
Which political agenda was the shooter hoping to enforce by their actions? That is after all the very definition of a terrorist incident. We don't know enough about their motives to start calling it an act of terror.

You are usually a bit better at this. You need to check out the lawsuits and the pension problems, then apply US Bankruotcy Law (where you don’t need to be bankrupt to declare bankruotcy!) and you will be getting warmer.
Did you even read the article?

None of what you say above explains this:

In December, American Outdoor Brands, the owner of Smith & Wesson, reported that its profits had fallen 90% year over year, from $32m to just $3.2m. Sales fell 36%. Last October, Sturm Ruger, the US’s largest firearm manufacturer, announced its quarterly revenues had fallen 35%. Both companies will report their latest results shortly but neither is expected to announce a dramatic increase in sales.

“They call it the Trump slump,” said Robert Spitzer, a professor at the State University of New York at Cortland and the author of five books on guns.

“Gun sales have become politicized to a great degree,” he said. “Gun purchases recently have been made not just because someone wants a new product but to make a statement; not just because of fears that there might be tighter regulation but also to make a statement against Obama.”

With Trump in the White House, said Spitzer, gun sales had sharply defaulted to their long-term trend of declining ownership rates.

“Gun ownership has been declining since the 1970s and there are now fewer gun owners than ever,” said Spitzer. Fewer people are hunting, younger people are less interested in gun ownership and the gun industry has had little success in its attempts to appeal to women and minorities.

Did you even read the article?

None of what you say above explains this:

In December, American Outdoor Brands, the owner of Smith & Wesson, reported that its profits had fallen 90% year over year, from $32m to just $3.2m. Sales fell 36%. Last October, Sturm Ruger, the US’s largest firearm manufacturer, announced its quarterly revenues had fallen 35%. Both companies will report their latest results shortly but neither is expected to announce a dramatic increase in sales.

“They call it the Trump slump,” said Robert Spitzer, a professor at the State University of New York at Cortland and the author of five books on guns.

“Gun sales have become politicized to a great degree,” he said. “Gun purchases recently have been made not just because someone wants a new product but to make a statement; not just because of fears that there might be tighter regulation but also to make a statement against Obama.”

With Trump in the White House, said Spitzer, gun sales had sharply defaulted to their long-term trend of declining ownership rates.

“Gun ownership has been declining since the 1970s and there are now fewer gun owners than ever,” said Spitzer. Fewer people are hunting, younger people are less interested in gun ownership and the gun industry has had little success in its attempts to appeal to women and minorities.
Yes, I’d already read the article. That’s the superficial reason. I tried to give you the behind the scenes reasons, without the political statements from a college professor.

Here’s another perspective: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/14/rem...bankruptcy-puts-rifle-settlement-at-risk.html

Go with whatever you believe. I’ll live with it. However, follow the money OWED for lawsuits, recalls, and pensions....not necessarily just the gun sales.

Last edited:
Yes, I’d already read the article. That’s the superficial reason. I tried to give you the behind the scenes reasons, without the political statements from a college professor.

Here’s another perspective: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/14/rem...bankruptcy-puts-rifle-settlement-at-risk.html

Go with whatever you believe. I’ll live with it. However, follow the money OWED for lawsuits, recalls, and pensions....not necessarily just the gun sales.
So not only did you not read the article, you didn't read my post.

My post had nothing to do with Remington, nor to do with bankruptcy, but to do with a fall in gun sales since Trump took charge. Which is why I quoted the profits and sales of SMITH & WESSON (who haven't filed for bankruptcy).

You keep arguing against a point no one is making though.

The Americans and their precious 2nd Amendment right to murder children in schools.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.