Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they already won it in the past. Unlike a certain club with some fans already talking about a quadruple.

Difference is that we won't celebrate until we actually win a trophy unlike the fucking Grievers who celebrated winning the premier league in 2014... Turned out nice in the end hahaha

Its great the way the media have positioned them as better than us ! Miles behind in the league, scored less goals, conceeded more, out of both domestic cups and havent played a decent side in the UCL yet - but they are better than us. YCMIU.

Its great the way the media have positioned them as better than us ! Miles behind in the league, scored less goals, conceeded more, out of both domestic cups and havent played a decent side in the UCL yet - but they are better than us. YCMIU.
You know what the media are like. A couple of weeks ago they were losing at Swansea and Klopp was under pressure, they smash Porto and now they're the best team in Europe. It's just the embarrassing reactionary nature of British sports journalism.

If we do we will beat them...comfortably and by a margin.
Maybe. For all sorts of reasons I'd pretty much rather draw any other team in the competition. I don't doubt that we are a much better team than them (the league table tells us that) but they do seem to have a way of playing that troubles us so I wouldn't be terribly confident that we'd knock them out, I think it would be toss of a coin stuff. Plus I want to go somewhere nice for a few days away not an afternoon in fucking Liverpool. The whole excitement of European football is playing foreign teams, it would just be such a let down IMO to draw any of the English teams.

Maybe. For all sorts of reasons I'd pretty much rather draw any other team in the competition. I don't doubt that we are a much better team than them (the league table tells us that) but they do seem to have a way of playing that troubles us so I wouldn't be terribly confident that we'd knock them out, I think it would be toss of a coin stuff. Plus I want to go somewhere nice for a few days away not an afternoon in fucking Liverpool. The whole excitement of European football is playing foreign teams, it would just be such a let down IMO to draw any of the English teams.
Yeah, agree. However, I think it’s pretty much nailed on that we get another English club as I fully expect 4 in the quarter finals. The 4 will get drawn against each other with Barca and Madrid avoiding each other in the other 2 ties.

Yeah, agree. However, I think it’s pretty much nailed on that we get another English club as I fully expect 4 in the quarter finals. The 4 will get drawn against each other with Barca and Madrid avoiding each other in the other 2 ties.
Hopefully Chelsea go out which will give us slightly under 50% chance of drawing an English team. If we avoid an English team in the quarters then matches are going to get so much tougher that if we get through to the semi then every chance there could only be one or none others left in the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.