Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not be biased here towards Ederson, although he's been excellent for us, he is still young and relatively inexperienced at top level football. De Gea has proved himself for several seasons and is probably regarded as the best right now. That said, I wouldn't swap him for Ederson.
Ederson knocks De Gea for 6
Best goalkeeper in the world, easy.. .

Of course I saw Ederson's save. So who do you think is the worlds best keeper then?
To give you a reasoned response, what goalkeeping criteria are you saying makes a keeper world class ? e.g. shot stopping, command and authority, distribution, ability in the air etc. Until you tell us what in your opinion makes a wc keeper, we will go round in circles. But, from what I can deduce from your posts on DeGea so far, shot stopping seems to be the only trait you are considering.

He’s a bit quick to come too far out when he isn’t going to get the ball for me. Hopefully, with time and maturity, he will fix this aspect of his game, as it looks like the only weakness.

I think the vast majority of neutrals would rank De Gea above Eddie and I wouldn't argue, equally there is no way I would agree to swap the 'keepers if offered the choice.
Eddie is absolutely integral to the way we play.

I think the only reason De Gea makes far more saves is because we face far fewer shots. I would say Ederson's only conceded three or four goals all season in which he could've done better.

In a few years he'll be considered the best in the world and when he retires children will be taught to use him as the pinnacle of how they should be aiming to play. We're incredibly lucky to be witnessing him with a decade left in his career.

To give you a reasoned response, what goalkeeping criteria are you saying makes a keeper world class ? e.g. shot stopping, command and authority, distribution, ability in the air etc. Until you tell us what in your opinion makes a wc keeper, we will go round in circles. But, from what I can deduce from your posts on DeGea so far, shot stopping seems to be the only trait you are considering.
Firstly shot stopping. Close reaction saves Command of area, positional sense catching the ball cleanly(something Hart lacked badly) agility athleticism kicking ability alertness to danger. Etc etc. I'm no expert, but most keeper experts would rate Dear Gea higher than Ederson right now. I see that changing though as Ederson gains more experience.

There is a brilliant Sci-Fi book called "The Mote in Gods Eye" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle that is set in the Co-Dominium Universe.
In the book they encounter a race called the Motie who breed like crazy and regularly wipe themselves out. These "Cycles" of civilization, war, and collapse have gone on for hundreds of thousands of years, leaving the Moties fatalistically resigned to their destiny. Only a mythical character called "Crazy Eddie" believes there is a way to change this.
Ederson makes the same seismic change for goalkeeping - which is why the nickname "Crazy Eddie" is an apt nickname for him.

(Just thought I'd say for those who don't like the Crazy Eddie tag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.