Wigan (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo, Danilo, Stones, Laporte, Zinchenko, Toure, Silva, Foden, Bernardo, Aguero, Diaz.
Bring on Sane, Delph, and Nmecha as subs.

Then go into the LC final with the best outfield possible (Walker, Kompany, Otamendi, Delph, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Aguero, Sane)
Sorry mate no way can you start with Toure, he simply is not mobile enough to play the pressing style that Pep requires.

Go strong but do not play De Bruyne or Aguero in my opinion, we can't afford to lose either.

I believe our poor performance against Wigan in the cup final was due to us playing Hart for the first time in that seasons FA cup games. All the players want to win a final, normally but that game we didn't play as the team showed its upset at Pantillimon being dropped.

I see the point but I still think Ederson is key to how we play as a side. He is much better than Bravo at reading the play and passing the ball out.

I don’t think it will happen anyway.

You could argue it would be unfair on anyone who doesn’t play in the final. That’s the managers job to manage. Some players are going to miss out. That’s life.

I see the point but I still think Ederson is key to how we play as a side. He is much better than Bravo at reading the play and passing the ball out.

I don’t think it will happen anyway.

You could argue it would be unfair on anyone who doesn’t play in the final. That’s the managers job to manage. Some players are going to miss out. That’s life.

Man-management is an art. Back-up keepers aren't easy to keep happy as there isn't the same rotation/substitution as there is in the outfield positions. Giving Bravo runs in both of the domestic cups is the only way to keep him happy — plus, he should be rewarded for being immense in the Carabao Cup (he's probably the single player that contributed most in getting us to the final). Dropping him for the final would not only damage squad morale for the game itself, but would add a level of toxicity to the dressing room for the rest of the season by making Bravo miserable and itching to leave. I'd be shocked if Pep made the mistake of withdrawing Bravo from either the final next Sunday or any of the FA Cup games

I see Wigan have unveiled their new badge which will be worn for the first time on Monday

DUaI0pWX0AAfdCR.jpg

I heard Wigan’s owner had a bad injury at Wembley back in the day, I don’t no anything about it, mustn’t have been mentioned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.