Gabriel Jesus return from injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think some people are reading a bit much into his comments. Sounds like he's simply saying out loud the thought process any player would go through when returning from a long lay off. He also says it's his first knee injury, so you're bound to be looking out for the slightest twinges whilst you're working your way back, because it feels unfamiliar and you're not sure what is and isn't normal to feel during the recovery.

Would be interested to know how the interviewer framed the question that invited those comments too. Had a quick look but couldn't find anything.

anyway, think it's very premature to be inferring that the injury has got to him and could change his mindset forever. He's 20 years old and is still learning aspects of the game, including how to recover and bounce back from injuries. No need for the armchair psychologists to be filing him alongside Jovetic and Sturridge just yet.

Think some people are reading a bit much into his comments. Sounds like he's simply saying out loud the thought process any player would go through when returning from a long lay off. He also says it's his first knee injury, so you're bound to be looking out for the slightest twinges whilst you're working your way back, because it feels unfamiliar and you're not sure what is and isn't normal to feel during the recovery.

Would be interested to know how the interviewer framed the question that invited those comments too. Had a quick look but couldn't find anything.

anyway, think it's very premature to be inferring that the injury has got to him and could change his mindset forever. He's 20 years old and is still learning aspects of the game, including how to recover and bounce back from injuries. No need for the armchair psychologists to be filing him alongside Jovetic and Sturridge just yet.

Jovetic..I'd forgotten about him. Wasted talent.

It was a bit in the mirror this morning,he is spending time with the real ronaldo as he had kee innjuries as well and i'm sure with his help he will be ok,i've just started physio for my shoulder that i broke in nov and i'm really scared i am going to do something to the fractures,it's mind over matter,you just have to trust the medics and push through it

It was a bit in the mirror this morning,he is spending time with the real ronaldo as he had kee innjuries as well and i'm sure with his help he will be ok,i've just started physio for my shoulder that i broke in nov and i'm really scared i am going to do something to the fractures,it's mind over matter,you just have to trust the medics and push through it

This is what I was getting at in how the story has been framed though. He's just signed up to Ronaldo's marketing agency which is more likely to be the reason he's been speaking with him and was publicly talking about him. So rather than it being Jesus turning to Ronaldo because he's worried about his injury, was it more a case of him bigging up this new agency in public and the interviewer then asking "and have you had any other advice from Ronaldo?" before he gives a bland answer pertaining to the fact they've bonded over the fact Ronaldo also had knee injuries.

This is what I was getting at in how the story has been framed though. He's just signed up to Ronaldo's marketing agency which is more likely to be the reason he's been speaking with him and was publicly talking about him. So rather than it being Jesus turning to Ronaldo because he's worried about his injury, was it more a case of him bigging up this new agency in public and the interviewer then asking "and have you had any other advice from Ronaldo?" before he gives a bland answer pertaining to the fact they've bonded over the fact Ronaldo also had knee injuries.
Does it matter how he was asked really,his words that he is a bit scared is all that really matters,he has had ronaldo mentoring him since he was in brazil so seems to be a long standing relationship,i should think gundy is helping him as well,it's a leap of faith he has to take as do i,it's not easy to do

The reason we are seeing the best of Kun right now is because he is playing regurarly. He needs to be in the groove, and the rotation did not help him. Sure he probably needs a game off but he needs to play that’s how we see the best of him. Also Jesus was not in the best of form before the injury. Hope he’s back soon young and a lot more to come from him but for now all hail Kun!

Does it matter how he was asked really,his words that he is a bit scared is all that really matters,he has had ronaldo mentoring him since he was in brazil so seems to be a long standing relationship,i should think gundy is helping him as well,it's a leap of faith he has to take as do i,it's not easy to do

I posted in response to people deciding he might never have the same mentality ever again and will lose some of his tenacious nature. They've jumped to that conclusion based on how those quotes have been presented. So yes I do think it's relevant to that point. How the quotes are presented influences people's reading of it and I think people should probably cast more of a critical eye on these things before declaring him to have some kind of mental weakness.

Pep has just said that Gabriel has joined the team training though only partially.

I imagine he will be on the bench for the Cup final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.