It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Leicester are in a weird situation trying to sell Mahrez. If one of the top teams in Europe is truly interested, then given his POTY season in 15-16, flashes of the same since then, and relatively young age, they might well get the 90 million they want. But despite there being a lot of cash sploshing around the mid and lower reaches of the Prem, no other team is going to go anywhere near 90 million. If they end up selling to an Everton or Newcastle (if Ashley sells the club), the limit will be more like 50-60 million. So his "true market value" will probably be heavily dependent on who's in for him.

Even top tier PL teams are not paying 90m. Look at all the recent big buys by PL teams- Laca, Auba, LaPorte, Salah all in that 40-60m range. That's the market value they should expect. The only astronomical PL recent buy was VVD, a product of everyone knowing they had the 14-+ from Coutinho coming in.

Made a video where I discussed how our squad could look in 2018/2019 if we made a few choice signings... it's here if anyone fancies a watch!

Great vid once again. I agree with Gunn, Maffeo, De Jong and Bailey, but not to sure about Fred. He seems like a very good player, but might be too small and weak for playing as a DM. Dinho wins a lot of headers, but Fred wouldn't do that. Not convinced by his defending, but he's only 24 and has a lot of time to improve. I would love to see De Jong here. He looks like the definition of a Pep player. Can play in several positions, is extremely intelligent and is fantastic on the ball. Haven't seen enough of Ajax to say if he would be ready to start here, but he looks like a fantastic talent

Great video Steven but I think if we sign a winger Bernardo will likely move central and not play on the wing as often. Which sadly means no space for zinchenko as much as I love him and rate him.

Made a video where I discussed how our squad could look in 2018/2019 if we made a few choice signings... it's here if anyone fancies a watch!

Nice analysis.
I posted this in Bernado thread, would like to know what you think about this.
" Right now he's third choice winger and fourth choice 8. He's starting to show his worth as a winger/wide playmaker role which he played at Monaco. It'll be interesting to see how signing another winger, especially someone experienced like Mahrez, will affect his role next season."

Great vid once again. I agree with Gunn, Maffeo, De Jong and Bailey, but not to sure about Fred. He seems like a very good player, but might be too small and weak for playing as a DM. Dinho wins a lot of headers, but Fred wouldn't do that. Not convinced by his defending, but he's only 24 and has a lot of time to improve. I would love to see De Jong here. He looks like the definition of a Pep player. Can play in several positions, is extremely intelligent and is fantastic on the ball. Haven't seen enough of Ajax to say if he would be ready to start here, but he looks like a fantastic talent

Thanks all! And cheers mate. De Jong for me is a no brainer. He looks like he was born to play for Pep. Reckon he could be Lahm level brilliant.

Thanks all! And cheers mate. De Jong for me is a no brainer. He looks like he was born to play for Pep. Reckon he could be Lahm level brilliant.

I think De Jong needs another year, and I was reading some Dutch commenters on reddit who pretty unanimously agreed, but I'd sooner get him too early than lose out.

Happy with most, if not all of those.

DeJong would be my No1 signing, not just down to his talent but because we need a player like that. But he is very wary of losing out on first team football, so it would require Pep to convince him he is going to play (which in turn, would require that Pep is convinced he's ready to play). I suspect Ferd will sign, but not DeJong. And Fred will be great, but he is not the same as Fernandinho.

Bailey looks an identikit modern day Pep attacker & perfect alternative to Sterling/Sane. Gunn must be close to getting the job, but I suspect there might be one more season of Bravo, as he's talked about his family being settled, etc.

Regarding Maffeo, I'm all for him coming back & us seeing how he fits in, but I hope Danilo doesn't go, as I think he's a really talented & athletic player. If Maffeo can push him out next season, then fair enough. But Maffeo would be available as an U21, so Danilo doesn't have to go in order for him to be here.

My concern re Maffeo is that he's not really playing as a fullback at Girona, more like a defensive wingback, he always has cover, so to suddenly entrust him with the job at City, would leave one side open, if it turned out he didn't suit Pep's team & Walker got injured.

I imagine Pep will test him out again pre season like last time. I think his lack of attacking flair was the decider last season as he was getting forward then looking backward when Pep gave him a shot at wingback but I'll be surprised if he doesn't get the exact same test pre season to see if he 'gets it' now.

Of course the player who has shown the most 'Pep' qualities out of our academy fullbacks has been Angelino, but I'm not sure he can ever be a Premier League standard defender unfortunately.

Great vid. Thanks. I agree with bringing in FDJ and Maffeo, and selling Danilo. But with 100m, I'd rather we just push the limit and go for Hazard instead of Bailey. And though it seems done and dusted, I'm still hoping we get Weigl or Fabinho instead of Fred.

Agree with a lot of that, but don't see Gunn wanting to be Edersons back up because of Edersons youth, Gunn probably can't see a way past him and only having 2 years left we may decide to cash in now with a sell on, plus think Bravo at 35 will just stay with us.
See Bernardo more central if we bring in another wide forward so don't see room really for Zinchenko. Not seen Bailey much but how does he compare with Leao who seems a lot cheaper ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.