United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Gea's situation is tenuous to i think. He is 27 now and possibly has 2 big transfers in him but if he gets to Madrid i think he will want to retire at that club due to his missus and personal circumstances. To be fair they have managed to keep him a lot longer than i thought albeit due to Real being happy with Navas.

Everything about them currently smacks of a ship with lots of leaks. The more they push the more water leaks in. Unless Woodward realizes the way they buy players needs to change then nothing else will for them.

And a dodgy fax machine.

I can see PSG selling Neymar and buying Pogba as a replacement. Unfortunately, where ever he goes United will get the vast majority if not all their money back

There's definitely something not right with the whole PSG/Neymar thing, so them getting rid is entirely feasible. But despite their wealth I can't see PSG paying anywhere close to 90 million for Carlton. He'd probably be happy to go back to his native country so a cut-price deal could be arranged. I just cannot see the rags getting back anywhere near the money they spent. Which is bloody great!

Loving the situation offer at the swamp these days. It doesn't look like the Mourinho v Pogba issues can't end well for the club whatever route they take - sell Pogba at a big loss, losing the superstar they were planning on building their team around, and probably letting Mourinho go anyway when he meltsdown after failing to catch us again next season - ditch Mourinho to bring in a manager willing to accommodate Pogba's desire to play further forward and watch as that actually fucks up their attack even more because he doesn't have the creativity of KDB/Silva or the goals/assists of a Yaya - keep Mourinho but force him to give Pogba a more attacking role completely undermines the managers authority and doesn't get them playing any better.

Actually as writing this I've realised their is a solution - Pogba stops crying about being asked to do some defending and becomes a mature midfield general... but we all know that isn't happening

The white elephant is Pogba isnt a very good player, he's bang average and the media hype / agent hype / scum hype have built him up to be better than he is. There is no good option, best option is for the scum to prey that Pogba gets better and lives up to the hype..

There lucky the market has been inflated and to save face the deal seems widely acknowledged at £90 million, but we all know there was also a £20 million agent fee. I think any loss would be minimal.

I would be very happy if United got rid, he's got something for me and whilst not performing to his best at the moment a lot of us wanted him here for a reason and I think with Pep he would be performing to a high standard.

This reeks the most of not be the highest paid player in the dressing room anymore (rumour has it he had pushed hard for a clause giving parity when signed, but United refused to give, must have learned there lessons with Rooney).

Ideal for me is if he wants the big move and money just do what Alexis did and run your contract down (love him to leave United having run his contract down twice).

The white elephant is Pogba isnt a very good player, he's bang average and the media hype / agent hype / scum hype have built him up to be better than he is. There is no good option, best option is for the scum to prey that Pogba gets better and lives up to the hype..
Yep, hes a good player who has been built up by the media (and no doubt thinks himself) that he is a great player, one of the top players of this generation with the potential to be one of the all time greats... And now they either have to admit they have been conned or pander to that ego.

Pogflop will be sold at a loss for me, He's been exposed as an average player with no bottle whatsoever, he may get employed to run some top clubs facebook page but as a top quality, supposedly world class player, he's a busted flush, he knows it and so do the rags, aside from their uneducated masses, most of which couldn't name the stadium, let alone the team...!

So - as far as we can work out from all the leaks, there's bad blood between Pogba & Peg, with the former not happy with the manager or waht he's being asked to do. The latter thinks that Carlton spends more time as a media personality than doing what he should be. At the same time Carlton and Sanchez aren't round each others houses on a daily basis (presumably because Cartlon & Jessie are too busy working out daft dance moves). The rest of the dressing room are completely demotivated by their manager publicly throwing them under a bus at regular intervals

Meanwhile there's a queue of agents outside Woody's office demanding pay rises for their clients while Eddy's desperately trying to drum up new sponsors as their commercial growth has stalled, in between his manager, who really doesn't want to be there as he's been shown to be second best in the city by Pep, whingeing and whining in his ear.

Just a normal day at the Swamp.
Fair brought a tear to my eye that, the poor ****s.

I think this shows more the failings of Mourinho than Pogba to be honest

Pogba is not a bad player but it shows Mourinho just can't be arsed in developing and getting the best out of players who have potential, he'd much rather have the finished article and just shoehorn them in to the team to perform. He's even risking Martial's development who I also rate as a player with potential by bringing Sanchez in and along side it fucking up the wage structure and team morale at the same time.

It's beautiful if you think about it and long may it continue......
You are right. I actually think Pogba has all the potential in the world, but he'll never fulfil it under Peg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.