Wigan (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't over rest and lose rythmn. probably better for mentality if we get a really strong result here
That is always the tight rope: keeping players fresh without losing momentum.

Pep has always been fairly good with managing that, though, unlike certain other managers at London clubs that shall remain unnamed.

You really can’t underestimate the habit of success. It becomes a juggernaut force of its own and, when it is hauled, it can be very difficult to get going again.

Based on the presser seems to me Pep will go strong again.

Said Wigan beat Bournemouth who are one of his favorite teams to watch.

When asked about rotation said that there is enough rest between Basel and Wigan games.

I think he will rest De Bruyne and hopefully Fern though I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts. Tough call on whether to start Aguero or not but I’d like to see him start score a goal or two and then get subbed off ready for the cup final.

Doubt Pep will rotate a lot for this one. It’s 5 days after the Basel game and another 5 to the LC final. Obviously Bravo gets the nodd and can use the game to warm up for the LC final. The likes of Zinchenko, Danilo, Stones, Laporte and probably Sane, Delph and Silva are the ones who can use match minutes. Too early for Jesus.

Sort of expect we can win it in the way we beat Bristol at their place. Not fond the game to be drawn for a replay.

#PEP: Of course, I am concerned because I saw Wigan’s game against Bournemouth. I think every season in the FA Cup there are a lot of surprises but the players need to not think about next Sunday’s final and need to prepare for Monday as well as possible. #mancity

#PEP: We are going to have three training sessions before we play Wigan but we will decide on the team on the day. #mancity

#PEP: Being here, I feel English, I feel even more part of this league. It’s great news for this country that the Premier League teams are doing so well in Europe. #mancity

#PEP: @gabrieljesus33 will be in training today, I don't know when he'll be ready to play but today will be his first training for the team. #mancity

We really need to stuff these, we lost the FA Cup final to them then lost to them the following damn season. Even until 2010 we had a pretty shocking record against Wigan (99 play off semifinals aside). It would be great to see us thump them on Monday.
I hope we smash them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.