Hypothetical Question

Would you take a guaranteed (historic) domestic treble now and bow out of the CL next round or stay in all competitions and take our chances in each. Just to sweeten the deal, if you choose the former no other English club makes the CL final.

I know what Pep would do.
I'm a Gambler.

With the league assured as it is, I would take losing our next 2 games for a guaranteed champs league win, it's the trophy we have never won. I've seen us lift league and fa cup trophies.
For me personally, the importance for trophies is;
1. Prem league
2. champs league
3. fa cup
4. league cup
If I'm honest, it's Champs league, League, Fa and League cup in that order.

If I'm honest, it's Champs league, League, Fa and League cup in that order.

The problem with your order is if we aren't winning the league it's likely a rag or dipper winning it and that would be unbearable

Champions League puts the club in a different stratosphere especially if we back it up over a couple of years. Think of players like DSilva and KDB - if they don't win a champs league that will always be a caveat in terms of how great they are. I'll take the risk.

In the hypothetical it wouldn't matter what we did. A united Liverpool derby in the champs league final would eclipse anything we could do. Sure we won the league by 23 points but did we play in Kiev? Ergo united or Liverpool are better. You can buy the league but you can't buy the top club honours or some such rubbish.

I also shouldn't care whatever people think about our achievements but if you have a pretty wife its nice when people notice

The problem with your order is if we aren't winning the league it's likely a rag or dipper winning it and that would be unbearable
Order of which one I rate highest. In terms of winning now, I want to win the league the most now. Coz failure to do so will mean a catastrophic meltdown happened.

Elusive ECL PLEASE! We have won all the others before.
Definitely have a team that could win domestic treble even with a few injuries.
Chumps League will be tougher. Imagine the rage of Gill if ickle citeh were to make the final - each city player would probably be shown a yellow for walking on to the pitch when they play their daft anthem and the players shake hands with some bent ref who is going to give them a second yellow for breathing in the wrong direction.

I want the league and CL and then the domestic cups. Mainly because if we win the league and rags dippers chavs or spuds win the CL we will never hear the fucking end of it. I would feel cheated if this team won the league and then had it rubbished by another English team being European champs. Like Scum did in 69. I would be gutted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.