Do you still like the music you liked in your 20’s?

taleofbluehalves

I read somewhere that music you liked in your late teens and early twenties resonates in a way like no other time in your life because it evokes an emotional connection in your brain, neurological pyrotechnics.

I watched a film the other night with the Lemonheads in. Now they were not my favourite band but I liked them. After hearing them the other night I’ve been listening to them over and over on You Tube.

So is it just me or do you still really like music from that time in your life? (Late teens and early 20’s)

Not sure if it's purely nostalgia but I love 80's music. Today's music seems dominated by whining twats like Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith + James Arthur. Give me Red Box, Spandau Ballet and Deacon Blue anytime

I still listen to oasis who were my favourite band from my teens into my 20’s but the music doesn’t strike the same chords as it did 20 years ago.

When I hear certain tracks that I adored when I was young now, I feel nothing really because I’m at a totally different stage of my life and the things that resonated then, don’t now.

I think oasis are really overrated nowadays but who knows, in another 20 years I might just be watching YouTube videos of them and thinking that they were always great??

I don’t have the feeling towards the verve though who’ve just got better as I’ve got older but I didn’t like them quite as much as I did oasis when I was 14-20.

I’m more of an elbow and doves man these days.

In the 60's my big Brother used to buy all the Beatles albums the day they came out, plus other bands like The Kinks
Even at 12 or 13 I couldnt wait for the next Beatle album to see which road they were taking.
I sort of grew up with them as the soundtrack to my schooldays and I still love it all

I was into The Smiths and Morrissey but now find it all depressing and very samey..... very rarely give it a play these days.....
I believe Morrissey is touring the UK now. Wouldn't cross the road to go and see him.

You need to give them another chance MES, you might realise they’re not so bad really

I loved the roses but haven't listened to them since they split up again however long ago it was. I'm currently listening to 10cc and godley and creme which I'm enjoying very much.

I see the Stranglers are playing Manchester in March, wish I could go, still love that whole scene

Still listen to Numan, DM, Buzzcocks, Madness, Yazoo, ELO and all the other music that came from my teens and early 20's. And why not? We were bombarded with years of decent stuff...Motown, punk, rock, two tone, new wave, electronic, blues, heavy metal...it was a great time to grow up.

Looking back now I realize exactly how much passed me by which is the main reason why my vinyl collection is getting bigger every week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.