Do you still like the music you liked in your 20’s?

If I have the radio on at work I tend to mostly have on Absolute 90's or kisstory.
Late teens early 20's are probably most people's times of their life, carefree, not the responsibilities that comes along later, living for the weekends, parties, goodtimes. so hearing that music usually bring back good memories of the best years of their lives.

I got into punk at ten and still listen to it but not that much.

In the 80s it was New Order, Bunnymen, Smiths, Chameleons etc still listen to that along with classic rock and the pop music I liked in the 70s and 80s.

Last edited:
Yes but not in the same way. I like the nostalgia it provokes but my tastes are quite different now.
It's the same with alcohol. I remember 20/20 fondly but I'd rather have an Argentinean Malbec these days.

I still listen to New Order and Depeche Mode. Don't really listen to the guitar type stuff I listened to. Still collect all the old rave, acid house, Italian house on Vinyl as well.

I don't even remember what was out when I was in my 20's. I turned 20 in Sept of 1983 so punk was long gone by then.
I'm guessing stuff like Faith no more, Nine inch nails came along and broke the cycle of shit that was duran duran and the likes.

I frequented the Haçienda regularly during my late teens/early 20's and I still enjoy old school House Music. These days I have a wider taste in music. Having said that, Country Music is, and will always be s**te.

I can remember going to party in 1982 with my parents as a nipper and singing along to the music, and someone telling my dad 'he's older than you him' Motown, what are now Northern Soul classics, and old swing songs when everyone was aled up like Dean Martin and the rubbish Sinatra songs.
It never changed, I still love those

Very much so. Sounds a bit daft but when I was 14/15/16 (I’m 23 now) I was going through a hard time and discovered bands like joy division, the smiths and the velvet underground. These bands helped me understand I wasn’t alone (regardless of generation) and really spoke to me, to the point I got a joy division tattoo when I was 18. 5 years later I don’t regret it, and those three bands still speak to me whenever I put them on. Music is fantastic in that case, in the sense that whatever you’re feeling there’s a ton of songs you can put on that make you heighten whatever emotion you’re feeling: joyous, sadness or anger.

And I can imagine in ten years time putting on Unknown Pleasures and feeling appreciative for the way I was able to understand the isolation, depression and separation that Ian Curtis was singing about. I love it, despite being a positive, happy person now.

I frequented the Haçienda regularly during my late teens/early 20's and I still enjoy old school House Music. These days I have a wider taste in music. Having said that, Country Music is, and will always be s**te.
Couldn't agree more! I'll listen to most genres of music and even if I'm not a huge fan of a particular genre I can still pick out a few songs that I do like. However, I can honestly say there's not a single country music track that I remotely like. Shite!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.