Do you still like the music you liked in your 20’s?

Couldn't agree more! I'll listen to most genres of music and even if I'm not a huge fan of a particular genre I can still pick out a few songs that I do like. However, I can honestly say there's not a single country music track that I remotely like. Shite!
Would you include Johnny Cash in that?

My love for City is entirely connected to my love for the city of Manchester (and football), which is in turn in part connected to my love of Manchester's music, to which I was introduced in my late teens and early 20s. Joy Division and New Order changed my entire world view. They'll forever be my favorite bands. I still listen to them, constantly.

But I find that the music I return to most apart from them today is "turning point" music -- stuff that sounds unique and original even today, and stuff that wasn't beaten into my head over and over by widespread popularity and the media (in the US). I don't listen to U2, Pink Floyd or The Police very often any more -- they still sound fine when I do -- but I still listen to Gang of Four, Husker Du and Roxy Music (never that popular here) all the time. I make an exception for The Who and Nirvana though.

Some artists stand the test of time for me and others don't. Steely Dan have been my heroes since the age of 10 and I still love them. Genius never goes out of fashion ! However I can take or leave the Beatles these days and never listen to them. Some of their songs don't stand the test of time for me.

Couldn't agree more! I'll listen to most genres of music and even if I'm not a huge fan of a particular genre I can still pick out a few songs that I do like. However, I can honestly say there's not a single country music track that I remotely like. Shite!

Wichita Lineman?

Johnny Cash?

Convoy by CW McCall?

Patsy Cline's Crazy?

Stupid thing to say.

The difference between Country music, and Country & Western: If the song is about a woman that leaves you but comes back, it's Country; if she doesn't come back, it's Country & Western.

My 20’s was mainly the stone roses followed by oasis & i still enjoy listening to both today just not 24/7 like back in the days!!

my taste in music isn't nailed to one particular genre of music, one minute I could listen to PIL next holtz planet suite, and I've always been like that.
as for the music when i was 19/20s I cant remember, i had a fucking great 90s :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.