The Boxing thread

Groves is the natural super middleweight and has had the high profile fights already. I’m surprised Eubank Jr is the bookies favourite. The only stellar opponent he has had is Saunders. He lost to him.

Really looking forward to this one, really struggling to call it

Tough one to call. Can make a realistic case for 4 outcomes.

Ultimately, I just wonder if Eubank is actually that good? He is unproven at this level. I think if Groves' stamina and punch resistance is there, he takes it.

Incidentally, met Groves in the gym this week. Nothing like his media persona. He was approachable, polite and humble. Seemed a decent lad.

I backed Groves to win on points or decision. Feel he will out class Eubank Jnr keep him at distance for the fight and toy with him. Lets be honest he has the power in his shots has Groves putting Froch on his ass and so unlucky not to win that first fight so if anyone is going to be knocking out anyone its Groves be koing Eubank Jnr. Eubank Jnr is every bit of his dad but this is his first real live test. I honestly feel Groves wins this and goes on to win it all out right he is a classy fighter is Groves. His win over DeGale everyone doubted him. His fights with Froch most for the first fight were saying he shouldnt be in the same ring as Froch. Groves is a highly talented fighter who is extremely strong at the weight. Unlike a blown up Eubank Jnr who should be fighting Middleweight still.

I think Groves can outbox him and keep him at bay with his jab. But Eubanks engine is incredible, he can throw lots of shots but they aren’t as powerful as groves can throw.

Will be an interesting fight and I’m backing groves on points.

Can’t wait to see the viewing figures of ITV on demand vs sky.

Eubank Jnr is every bit of his dad but this is his first real live test.

A disservice to Saunders there. He wasn’t at full pelt yet retained his titles.

Holts pubs are showing this one tonight. I feel like death but I might pop down for a Diet Coke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.