Wigan (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Fernandinho was subbed off in a recent home game De Bruyne took up his position for the final minutes. I wonder if between them the will share Fernandinho's role at Wigan? My guess is KDB will come on for the last 30 minutes.

Does no one here know Pep yet?

KdB will start ... and so will Fernandinh and David Silva ... and Aguero ...

Wigan players will be aware of the much bigger prize that is promotion. A 3match ban for a red card would be a serious blow to their efforts. A good cup run is always welcome of course but if it comes at a price, maybe not so clever. Psychologically, I expect them to be in damage limitation mode, a o-1 loss and back to the serious stuff in the league. No one will say it of course, but it happens, for sure. City on the other hand have shown their ambition and ability to go for it all, their confidence in Pep, in their team-mates and themselves must be at an all-time high yet still give 100% until the game is effectively over, when game management is the sensible tactic. Many moons ago, Khaldoon said that "typical city" needed to be eradicated, well, it is still there but now refers to positive attributes like "never say die", "beautiful football", "devastating counter-attack", and great goals galore. If we could just add "clean sheet" to that list then the sky is the only limit ..... what a time to be a blue. Oh 0-3 to city

As a side issue how many yellows has fernandinho. Considering when he reaches 10 it's a 2 match ban. Tactical bookings to keep him involved in the FA cup. Without sounding raggish or scouse were over the hill as far as the league is concerned imo.

Wigan players will be aware of the much bigger prize that is promotion. A 3match ban for a red card would be a serious blow to their efforts. A good cup run is always welcome of course but if it comes at a price, maybe not so clever. Psychologically, I expect them to be in damage limitation mode, a o-1 loss and back to the serious stuff in the league. No one will say it of course, but it happens, for sure. City on the other hand have shown their ambition and ability to go for it all, their confidence in Pep, in their team-mates and themselves must be at an all-time high yet still give 100% until the game is effectively over, when game management is the sensible tactic. Many moons ago, Khaldoon said that "typical city" needed to be eradicated, well, it is still there but now refers to positive attributes like "never say die", "beautiful football", "devastating counter-attack", and great goals galore. If we could just add "clean sheet" to that list then the sky is the only limit ..... what a time to be a blue. Oh 0-3 to city
Same logic should have applied to Cardiff then?

That's hardly fair, Yaya was pretty good in the second half of last season. This season, when he's played, he's been a major hindrance.
Yaya does not fit in with our high intensity pressing game, he still has wonderful vision and passing ability but just not mobile enough.

If we decide that we are not bothered about pushing for records in the PL then I would play him in the last few league games to give others a well deserved rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.