The Boxing thread

Been looking forward to this one. I think Eubank wins even if I am surprised he's favourite. I just don't think Groves has been the same since that first fight with Froch and he has a lot of tread on those tyres. In his last few fights he's been in trouble at various stages against lesser opponents. I think Eubank is stronger than people give him credit for and once he hurts Groves he won't let up. Groves is an intelligent fighter though and he'll have a good plan. It's a real 50/50 and should be another belting night for British boxing. I think this will be the beginning of the end for Groves though.

On a side note, how good has the WBSS been so far.

Hopefully it's been a success commercially so that we can see similar at different weights.

Once again, can I remind people that bargain pub chain Joseph Holts are showing it in many pubs. A few pints in one is just a small dent in what ITV Box Office want for screening a great fight with a lacklustre undercard.

Yeah agree, but I think that's down to ITV rather than WBSS

Apparently in the bidding the broadcasters had to buy all the fights rather than just single ones they may have wanted. So obviously Sky PPV would have been all over this fight but probably had little interest in any of the quarter final fights in the super middle weights and with no brits in the cruisers they probably didn’t want to market it either.

But if you look at the tournament as a whole it’s got some fantastic fights. I’d pay for fantastic fights as a boxing fan as I recognise the quality of matchups unfortunately the Sky hype train especially will sell AJ v a no name and Haye v Bellew when if you compare them to the WBSS fight quality which would u rather pay for?

They reckon the fight will start around 10ish so keep your eyes peeled any time from 9 onwards for safety.

Hopefully Groves wins, but it seems unlikely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.