Club statement regarding Barry Bennell's conviction

In terms of away fans and if we get any negative comments coming our way (which I doubt we will as I think this is just the tip of the iceberg), I don’t really care either way. The most important thing to me is that people at City now are doing everything they can to find out the truth and seemingly be transparent with what they find. Nothing else matters than that and bringing any individuals involved to account.

Football clubs are odd in that fans almost see them as sentient beings in themselves. They aren’t, it is a collection of individuals and the City of today is a completely different entity to the one previously and a completely different set of people. If there was anything that the club didn’t do previously that should have done, then absolutely it should be exposed and made sure that it never happens again. If modern day city get some stick for it, then so be it. The important thing is bringing the facts to light, it’s the minimum of what anyone that suffered as part of this deserves.
Away fans taking the piss is one thing, but if its related to child abuse, would you take the piss?

No me neither. The brutality these children were subjected to goes beyond football rivalries.

Is that reasonable?

I've seen it said that he got expenses from City but has that been officially confirmed? As to making assumptions about the size and nature of those expenses and those being some sort of unofficial pay packet for a guy who was refused employment at the club!

City appear to be undertaking a very thorough investigation, let's see what they find before we condemn anyone at the club.
In law it's called 'Probability'. The meat of my statement was to do with how Bennell was funding his flash lifestyle? Hiw could he afford to buy & feed a Puma & his other exotic animals. Where did his flash sports car & designer gear come from? How could he afford foreign tours & holidays, taking a team of boys with him?

Are you saying youth team football is lucrative? If so where does his revenue generate from because I'm struggling to work this out for myself.

What about the foreign tours? As a kid, we were lucky to get a foreign holiday for 2 adults & 2 kids every 2-3 years let alone paying for a team of players on the average wage. So how did Bennell afford this if he had no other stated income?

In law it's called 'Probability'. The meat of my statement was to do with how Bennell was funding his flash lifestyle? Hiw could he afford to buy & feed a Puma & his other exotic animals. Where did his flash sports car & designer gear come from? How could he afford foreign tours & holidays, taking a team of boys with him?

Are you saying youth team football is lucrative? If so where does his revenue generate from because I'm struggling to work this out for myself.

What about the foreign tours? As a kid, we were lucky to get a foreign holiday for 2 adults & 2 kids every 2-3 years let alone paying for a team of players on the average wage. So how did Bennell afford this if he had no other stated income?

Think you had your answer.

As I said, best not to assume anything in matters like this.

Away fans taking the piss is one thing, but if its related to child abuse, would you take the piss?

No me neither. The brutality these children were subjected to goes beyond football rivalries.

You should try going to a Rochdale game and see how long it takes before a chant of 'town full of paedos' comes from the away end. I've been to a couple this season and heard it both times.

Unfortunately, 99% of football fans are thick as pig shit. I can already hear the "he's one of your own" chants from the away fans.

I believe this current Manchester City (legal entity) was only formed in 1994, after these offences were committed. So, it could well be that the current entity has no legal responsibility.

But the owners have shown some moral leadership in starting the inquiry a year ago and seemingly wanting to leave no stone unturned.

We should be chasing everyone who was complicit here. Who turned a blind eye? Did anyone come get for him and others? Throw the book at these people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.