Do you still like the music you liked in your 20’s?

I was into indy music back in my youth. I fucking hated all the new romantic shit and still do. I was into the Smiths, Joy Division, New Order, Susie and The Banshees, LLOYD Cole, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Clash, The Stranglers.

I still enjoy an evening half cut listening to them. Although to be fair, I enjoy an evening half cut under most circumstances.

I was into indy music back in my youth. I fucking hated all the new romantic shit and still do. I was into the Smiths, Joy Division, New Order, Susie and The Banshees, LLOYD Cole, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Clash, The Stranglers.

I still enjoy an evening half cut listening to them. Although to be fair, I enjoy an evening half cut under most circumstances.

But what about Bay City Rollers?

Good to see you back.

Wichita Lineman?

Johnny Cash?

Convoy by CW McCall?

Patsy Cline's Crazy?

Stupid thing to say.
Saying I don't like a particular genre of music is stupid? Do you like slash metal, Grime, Gangster rap? I'm assuming you're a good few years older than me, so I'm guessing you at least think one of these genres is shite. That would be your opinion. And guess what, I'm allowed an opinion too. Imagine that. And my opinion is that country music is fucking dog shit. Cheers x

I was 20 at the turn of the millennium and I don’t listen to nu-metal anymore!

You’ll find me collecting old back catalogues now. I’m not far off completing Super Furry Animals. I buy the CD from Amazon for £1.38 and chuck it away after putting it on to iTunes!

I also love a Motown compilation which has had heavy rotation for two years. Still sounds great.

Saying I don't like a particular genre of music is stupid? Do you like slash metal, Grime, Gangster rap? I'm assuming you're a good few years older than me, so I'm guessing you at least think one of these genres is shite. That would be your opinion. And guess what, I'm allowed an opinion too. Imagine that. And my opinion is that country music is fucking dog shit. Cheers x

In answer to your question as a genre I don't much like Gangster Rap, Grime or Slash Metal but I do like some of the songs so I would never say they were all rubbish. You are just generalising about country and western to get a response or are a complete fucking idiot. I'm guessing the latter.

There is a scientific study published last week that says the music that you listen to when you are 14 (male) is the music that is absorbed mot and stays with you. I was 14 in 1971 which interestingly is flagged as the year when rock music reached its creative peak. A 12 month period when this music was released:

Led Zep IV
Who's Next
Hunky Dory - David Bowie
Whats Going On - Marvin Gaye
Sticky Fingers - The Stones
Blue - Joni Mitchell
Meddle - Pink Floyd
LA Woman - the Doors
Fragile - Yes
Imagine - John Lennon
Tapestry - Carol King
Electric Warrior - T Rex
Aqualung - Jethro Tull
Masters of Reality - Black Sabbath
Nursery Crime - Genesis
Pearl - Janis Joplin
Every Picture Tells a Story - Rod Stewart
Teaser and the Firecat - Cat Stevens
Madman across the Water - Elton John
Surfs Up - The Beach Boys
Tarkus - ELP
Fireball - Deep Purple
Killer - Alice Cooper
American Pie - Don Mclean

Some output.....

There is a scientific study published last week that says the music that you listen to when you are 14 (male) is the music that is absorbed mot and stays with you. I was 14 in 1971 which interestingly is flagged as the year when rock music reached its creative peak. A 12 month period when this music was released:

Led Zep IV
Who's Next
Hunky Dory - David Bowie
Whats Going On - Marvin Gaye
Sticky Fingers - The Stones
Blue - Joni Mitchell
Meddle - Pink Floyd
LA Woman - the Doors
Fragile - Yes
Imagine - John Lennon
Tapestry - Carol King
Electric Warrior - T Rex
Aqualung - Jethro Tull
Masters of Reality - Black Sabbath
Nursery Crime - Genesis
Pearl - Janis Joplin
Every Picture Tells a Story - Rod Stewart
Teaser and the Firecat - Cat Stevens
Madman across the Water - Elton John
Surfs Up - The Beach Boys
Tarkus - ELP
Fireball - Deep Purple
Killer - Alice Cooper
American Pie - Don Mclean

Some output.....
Good selection

Some artists stand the test of time for me and others don't. Steely Dan have been my heroes since the age of 10 and I still love them. Genius never goes out of fashion ! However I can take or leave the Beatles these days and never listen to them. Some of their songs don't stand the test of time for me.

Feel exactly the same about Steely Dan vs. The Beatles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.