Do you still like the music you liked in your 20’s?

I was in my late teens and 20s in the 90s but I much prefer the 80s tbh. Don't get me wrong, I love Oasis, Shed 7, Bluetones, OCS, Charletons etc but the 80s resonates more than the 90s. The Smiths, Deacon Blue, Level 42, Depeche mode, Madness, The Jam, The mighty Wah, Thompson twins etc etc get me going.. not everybodies cup of tea, but I love em !

I was into indy music back in my youth. I fucking hated all the new romantic shit and still do. I was into the Smiths, Joy Division, New Order, Susie and The Banshees, LLOYD Cole, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Clash, The Stranglers.

I still enjoy an evening half cut listening to them. Although to be fair, I enjoy an evening half cut under most circumstances.

Top post.

I was a child of the fifties/sixties and still love that era.

But Elvis was shit.

In answer to your question as a genre I don't much like Gangster Rap, Grime or Slash Metal but I do like some of the songs so I would never say they were all rubbish. You are just generalising about country and western to get a response or are a complete fucking idiot. I'm guessing the latter.
Where are you from Bimbobob? I'm not tyring to get a reaction. I promise you, there's many, many people of my generation and from my part of the world that dislike country and western music. If you like it, that's your choice but it's not everyone's cup of tea but don't get so offended by people having a different taste to your own. If you genuinely believe that everyone that doesn't like the same music as you, are "complete fucking idiots" then I guess that is your opinion too.

Good selection
Its funny, I still listen to, go see (where possible), and have a great affinity for all these bands and artists that were well established or kicking off in the early 70's. There have been few added to that core in subsequent decades - Kate Bush, George Michael, Oasis, Springsteen, Radiohead, Emmylou Harris. There are loads of albums that I like and listen to but I always come back to the core. There is a time in your life when the music sears itself into your memory banks and you can still recall the visceral excitement it provided. For me it was between the years of 14 - 18.

I read somewhere that music you liked in your late teens and early twenties resonates in a way like no other time in your life because it evokes an emotional connection in your brain, neurological pyrotechnics.

I watched a film the other night with the Lemonheads in. Now they were not my favourite band but I liked them. After hearing them the other night I’ve been listening to them over and over on You Tube.

So is it just me or do you still really like music from that time in your life? (Late teens and early 20’s)

I can find something to like in many forms of music, and my tastes have expanded other the years.

However I still can't escape the mental buzz of decent house music, I was 17 in 1988 and lived in the house scene till the mid 90s, but I still can't escape that music, any festival i go too I always end up in the house tents/arenas whatever, and they always have a load of old heads scattered around the edges. Some of the modern tunes knocking around in the last few years are as mental as the Hacienda classics from back in the day. My dancing hasn't moved from 1989 either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.