Club statement regarding Barry Bennell's conviction

I assume you have read the Martin Samuel article and agree that the club are getting their 'response right' and doing everything they can at the present time.
The club has done well so far with its urgent inquiry but they can't afford to delay with the results of the inquiry. It is how you respond to these issues that matters. We must be open and honest with victims at all stages. People understand that sometimes things go wrong but will never forgive a cover-up.

I believe this current Manchester City (legal entity) was only formed in 1994, after these offences were committed. So, it could well be that the current entity has no legal responsibility.

For what ?, the club did due diligence on the c*nt and declined to employ him, they did not run the youth feeder club directly and had little to do with day to day workings.

As already stated this all stems from another premier club, long before he had even minimal contact with our club, and those problems were know about both at that club and within the football hierarchy, it was covered up.
I will be contacting City to fill in the blanks on what I know as factual with regards to bennell and that other clubs actions.

For those who consider my post to be hysterical all I can say is this is a lot closer to home for some than others.

I could post a hell of a lot more here but I wont as I would be seen as hysterical.

That's how cover ups work.

I hope you haven’t withheld information from the authorities?

I believe this current Manchester City (legal entity) was only formed in 1994, after these offences were committed. So, it could well be that the current entity has no legal responsibility.

But the owners have shown some moral leadership in starting the inquiry a year ago and seemingly wanting to leave no stone unturned.

We should be chasing everyone who was complicit here. Who turned a blind eye? Did anyone come get for him and others? Throw the book at these people.
There was a holding company formed in 1994 but the legal entity of the football club company itself was established in 1894. Company number 40946.

You'd have thought plane crashes might not be a cause of piss-taking!
Taking the piss out of Munich is bad enough, but kids? Can you really see fans doing this & not getting slaughtered? There will always be one, but can you really see huge swathes of away fans doing this?

I suppose we'll all find out on Monday...

Think you had your answer.

As I said, best not to assume anything in matters like this.
I didn't assume, I just couldn't find any references to how he made his income to fund his football activities & 'flash' lifestyle. If you knew, you could have said just as i would have because the point I was making was purely about how he could afford to do what he was doing. Thankfully someone answered this important caveat.

Just for info, David White has said on Twitter that the Club’s Support has been tremendous over the last 15 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.