FA Cup QF Draw - City/Wigan V Saints

Still don’t think it’s fair spuds could play semi and final at home
Yeah well get used to it as it's going to happen if they reach the semi or final. And it's been known since the deal with Wembley was agreed.
And just in case you missed it the Chavs will have the same advantage for two or three seasons when they rent Wembley while Stamford Bridge is being done up.

Don't really get all this stuff about spurs having an advantage in a semi final at Wembley as its a home game for them

The only advantage of playing at home is that 90% of the fans are behind you

That won't be the case in a semi final as it will be 50/50 support

I agree about the Wembley thing. Our style of football would be too much (over 90/120 mins) for most if not all of the current epl sides on the large Wembley pitch.
Is that the "large Wembley pitch" that's slightly smaller than Brighton and Huddersfield and exactly the same size as City, Arsenal, Lower life forms, Bournemouth, Swansea, Newcastle, West Brom, Watford, Burnley and West Ham?

Last edited:
Should we beat Wigan lets hope we can play Southampton on the Sunday/Monday and bring the Brighton Game forward to Thu/Fri or the end of season is going to be chaotic.
So you want Brighton to play us on the Thursday or Friday and play the rags on Saturday or Sunday? Seems legit.

Yeah well get used to it as it's going to happen if they reach the semi or final. And it's been known since the deal with Wembley was agreed.
And just in case you missed it the Chavs will have the same advantage for two or three seasons when they rent Wembley while Stamford Bridge is being done up.
Only if they can come to an agreement with the household holding out over light issues in the bordering borough (or grease enough palms - sorry I mean convince enough people it's for the good of the community)

Should we beat Wigan lets hope we can play Southampton on the Sunday/Monday and bring the Brighton Game forward to Thu/Fri or the end of season is going to be chaotic.
That's why the Arsenal game has been shoe horned in already.
I know it's pissed alot of people off - but if we continue on all fronts there is going to be a hell of a job squeezing fixtures in with UEFA requirements over when we can't play

Is that the "large Wembley pitch" that's slightly smaller than Brighton and Huddersfield and exactly the same size as City, Arsenal, Lower life forms, Bournemouth, Swansea, Newcastle, West Brom, Watford, Burnley and West Ham?
Consider myself corrected! Not sure where I got that idea from, the premise of my post was the ability of teams to cope with our game, which is hard enough over 90 mins, 120 more so.

If we beat Wigan on Monday then Brighton will likely take place on April 17th/18th. Only one of 2 free midweeks we’ll have between now and the end of the season if we reach both Cup Semi Finals. Swansea would need to be moved to May 8th/9th if either or both of us reach the FA Cup Semi Final. It’s gonna be a manic end of season fixture list! Glad I’m gonna be there to witness it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.