Winter Olympics

I have some questions for the more well versed in these sports.

The freestyle skiers wear looser clothing, which as I'm aware is due to the rebellious nature of the sport (I've noticed the North Americans wear very loose clothing, the rest just moderately so). So:

1) Am I right?

2) If so (assuming that wearing more aerodynamic clothing is better), in such a competitive environment that is the Olympics, does it not make more sense to temporarily put tradition aside for the sake of getting ahead?

Apologies if I'm way off and come off as an ignorant prick haha.

I have some questions for the more well versed in these sports.

The freestyle skiers wear looser clothing, which as I'm aware is due to the rebellious nature of the sport (I've noticed the North Americans wear very loose clothing, the rest just moderately so). So:

1) Am I right?

2) If so (assuming that wearing more aerodynamic clothing is better), in such a competitive environment that is the Olympics, does it not make more sense to temporarily put tradition aside for the sake of getting ahead?

Apologies if I'm way off and come off as an ignorant prick haha.
I noticed in the first men's slopestyle where Red Gerard won, one of his team mates almost lost his pants as they were so low down under his ass, my wife was screaming at the tv to pull up his fucking pants!...it's embarassing

I must say we (USA) have not really turned up so far. I can accept that we are light years from Norway but tied with Japan with 10 medals at this point? I think the rest of the world has really caught up with us in the newer “X Games” type events that we’ve dominated for the last several Olympics cycles and we just haven’t done much in the traditional events like Alpine skiing and figure skating (with a couple of exceptions). The lack of NHL players has turned Men’s hockey into a farce and don’t even get me started on this “Olympic Athletes from Russia” nonsense. NBC’s coverage this year has been as shit as the USA performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.