VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Tempo dies, atmosphere is killed stone dead.
This notion that it's good because it makes the 'right decisions' baffles me.
When has football ever been 100% right? To save some time i'll answer that. Never.

well, it should be as close as possible, it's currently miles away. Can't see how it kills the tempo when Mata had scored and the game was dead anyway. All we did was play an extra minute once the game re-started. Just whinging for whinging's sake.

Tempo dies, atmosphere is killed stone dead.
This notion that it's good because it makes the 'right decisions' baffles me.
When has football ever been 100% right? To save some time i'll answer that. Never.
It can increase tension if uses correctly. I agreed with the ginger pig last night. If we’d went down the rugby route and we could see and hear what they are discussing it would add to the experience as well make the game fairer for all. The media should be calling out PiGMOL and asking why they want to keep conversations secret or will it expose what some of us suspect about Riley and some of his minions?

I saw yeaterday as an act of sabotage by them. Riley doesn’t want it and only agreed to do it if the FA used his refs rather than an independent one. Says it all to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is VAR being misused in the Rochdale/ Spuds game on BBC later?
I am guessing no, as the excuse that it can't be fitted at lowly Rochdale will be used .

Definitely needs speeding up.

Watching Napoli vs SPAL.

Hamsik just scored to put Napoli 2-0 up, I immediately thought he got lucky with that one as he looked offside. Then it took me a minute to remember they had VAR because SPAL had the ball on the kickoff spot for at least a minute before the ref went back and gave SPAL a free kick.

Hamsik also got a yellow for his celebration, snapped the corner flag, that yellow card still stands even though his goal doesn't, weird.

Was the Mata decision actually made based on those wonky lines yesterday?
No.

BT allege they we’re given the wrong picture from PiGMOL. When the proper lines were used it was shown his knee was offside. BEIN sports and BT showed their own lines which proved the decision was correct.

My only worry is having goals disallowed if merlin is nursing a semi...

City fans believing this will be used to stop the dodgy decisions against us are being naive , VAR will be controlled by the very people who hate us & will be used against us , I have no doubt about it .

City fans believing this will be used to stop the dodgy decisions against us are being naive , VAR will be controlled by the very people who hate us & will be used against us , I have no doubt about it .

Lay off the weed mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.