Winter Olympics

I have some questions for the more well versed in these sports.

The freestyle skiers wear looser clothing, which as I'm aware is due to the rebellious nature of the sport (I've noticed the North Americans wear very loose clothing, the rest just moderately so). So:

1) Am I right?

2) If so (assuming that wearing more aerodynamic clothing is better), in such a competitive environment that is the Olympics, does it not make more sense to temporarily put tradition aside for the sake of getting ahead?

Apologies if I'm way off and come off as an ignorant prick haha.
These sports have nothing to do with speed, so aerodynamics is irrelevant. In fact, you'll often see them deliberately slowing themselves down as they get to an obstacle.

These sports have nothing to do with speed, so aerodynamics is irrelevant. In fact, you'll often see them deliberately slowing themselves down as they get to an obstacle.
Yeah, but surely form fitting clothing interferes less when they're doing their flips and whatnot? Even by the smallest margin?
Did one of the NBC studio geniuses say this?
BBC commentary sorry. We have our fair share of boffins here too.

Except from being held in a totally inappropriate time-zone the winter Olympics is as always a quite enjoyable little event for us Norwegians. Being as we are by far the best winter sports nation on the planet. In all modesty. If only our football were nearly as good.

I've seen people get disqualified in 3 races now and I still have no idea why. Their judges could get a job refereeing City games. It seems completely arbitrary what they penalise and what they let go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.