Fan arrested at Bournmouth

So Raheem celebrates with the fans

Sterling is punished for being OFF the pitch
The fan is arrested for being ON the pitch

Sounds legitimate ...

Any law is open to interpretation (sp) and clearly this is a case where comon sense should have been used. The fans defence was that he was looking to leave the ground when the fans surged forward pushing him towards the pitch, therefore he has not committed any offence. He should have been asked to give an explanation on the day and that could have stopped it there and then. I assume the police did not ask him what happened or ignored him and simply charged him. At some stage he has gone to court and pleaded not guilty. The police officer then has to submit a file of evidence to the CPS. At some stage, long before last Wednesday a solicitor at the CPS should have reviewed the file and decided there was insufficient evidence to convict the fan. At that point they are allowed to write to the fan/solicitor informing him they were dropping the charge...they didn't. They made him travel all the way back to Bournemouth before telling him face to face they were not pursuing it. I do not now if it was a police officer who arrested on the pitch or did this shithouse steward who lied about Aguero grab the fan and hand him over to the police? If it is the latter it is even worse, Bournemouth cops knew within hours that the steward was a lying toe rag (re Aguero) so any statement from him re the fan carried absolutely no weight in a court of law. This case should never have been brought and the fan should never have had to suffer the stress of it.

I understand why they brought the law in and I agree normally it should be enforced, idiots/thugs etc have no place on the pitch or in the game but stewards and the police need to act with common sense.

Spot on mate. Unbelievable it got this far - I assumed it got dropped back in August as soon as the steward’s bullshit assault claim against Aguero was exposed as a blatant lie.

Everyone should read the Bournemouth Echo's article, they have written about a disgraceful incident very professionally. A City fan has been made to wait 6 months for this to be immediately kicked out at court ....
'However after pleading not guilty, the Crown Prosecution Service case against Mr Weir was dismissed after no evidence was offered at Poole Magistrates Court on Wednesday.'

The police will have charged the fan that night, He will have had to go to at least one court hearing to enter a not guilty plea and then return all the way to Bournemouth for his trial. At that point the CPS gave up. They were no doubt hoping he would cave in and plead guilty. That is disgraceful, the cops will have had all the evidence months ago, the CPS likewise and yet they did nothing. It was obvious well before the trial date that there was no evidence to convict him. It is, as I say disgraceful.

What if City barred him on the Monday after the match ? What if the arrest had caused him to fuck up his studies ? What has hapened to the lying thug steward ?
Well done to Sergio for doing the right thing, on the lad’s behalf, and telling said steward a few home truths, about his disgusting behaviour, on the day

Last edited:
Somecstewards and police still view football fans as hooligans and criminals the behaviour of some officials is mind bogling some of the laws against football fans are draconian

Everyone should read the Bournemouth Echo's article, they have written about a disgraceful incident very professionally. A City fan has been made to wait 6 months for this to be immediately kicked out at court ....
'However after pleading not guilty, the Crown Prosecution Service case against Mr Weir was dismissed after no evidence was offered at Poole Magistrates Court on Wednesday.'

The police will have charged the fan that night, He will have had to go to at least one court hearing to enter a not guilty plea and then return all the way to Bournemouth for his trial. At that point the CPS gave up. They were no doubt hoping he would cave in and plead guilty. That is disgraceful, the cops will have had all the evidence months ago, the CPS likewise and yet they did nothing. It was obvious well before the trial date that there was no evidence to convict him. It is, as I say disgraceful.

What if City barred him on the Monday after the match ? What if the arrest had caused him to fuck up his studies ? What has hapened to the lying thug steward ?
Totally agree. The CPS should not prosecute unless they believe they have a better than 50% chance of a conviction, and clearly they knew they did not.

Politically motivated bullshit. Someone should be made answerable for this.

Totally agree. The CPS should not prosecute unless they believe they have a better than 50% chance of a conviction, and clearly they knew they did not.

Politically motivated bullshit. Someone should be made answerable for this.

Correct

Perhaps the CPS would care to explain why they felt it appropriate to waste everybody’s time and taxpayers money pushing forwards a case for which they couldn’t scrape together a shred of evidence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.