VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Trouble is, the law says that the ‘benefit of the doubt’ goes to the attacking team. What VAR did, last night at least, was remove than from English football. Means less goals will be scored because someone is 1 inch offside, which will be proved after 5 minutes, following 6 replays and lines being drawn on the pitch. Luckily VAR is committing suicide before our very eyes!

More like United et al don’t want it so we’ll misuse it and say it’s useless. VAR has worked pretty well decision wise, plenty of envelope takers talking it down.

I may have misunderstood this as I was only half watching yesterday but in the first half of the rags' game, Huddersfield got a corner. The replay showed there'd been a foul or it shouldn't have been a corner for whatever reason. The commentator then said "This will be interesting if Huddersfield score here because it will have to be disallowed."

Have I misunderstood what was going on here or was the commentator talking bollocks? Seems ridiculous that they'd play on knowing that any goal would be disallowed anyway. I mean what's the point? Surely that's just a huge waste of everyone's time and effort.

I may have misunderstood this as I was only half watching yesterday but in the first half of the rags' game, Huddersfield got a corner. The replay showed there'd been a foul or it shouldn't have been a corner for whatever reason. The commentator then said "This will be interesting if Huddersfield score here because it will have to be disallowed."

Have I misunderstood what was going on here or was the commentator talking bollocks? Seems ridiculous that they'd play on knowing that any goal would be disallowed anyway. I mean what's the point? Surely that's just a huge waste of everyone's time and effort.
Nope, that's what would and will happen. EVERY goal will have an element of doubt. No celebrating wildly, everyone will be thinking, "Was there a foul in the build up? Could it be disallowed for some misdemeanor that occurred eons ago?" It's a fucking nonsense. The game we've watched and loved will be ruined. Wagner, who was on the receiving end of a positive decision, utterly nails it:

http://www.football365.com/news/huddersfield-boss-wagner-emotion-is-killed-by-var

Nope, that's what would and will happen. EVERY goal will have an element of doubt. No celebrating wildly, everyone will be thinking, "Was there a foul in the build up? Could it be disallowed for some misdemeanor that occurred eons ago?" It's a fucking nonsense. The game we've watched and loved will be ruined. Wagner, who was on the receiving end of a positive decision, utterly nails it:

http://www.football365.com/news/huddersfield-boss-wagner-emotion-is-killed-by-var
If that's true, then it's just daft. There's no point in allowing that corner to happen if the VAR knows any goal will have to be disallowed.

If that's true, then it's just daft. There's no point in allowing that corner to happen if the VAR knows any goal will have to be disallowed.
thats rubbish,the game is played as per normal and goals and red cards/dives in the box/penalty claims get looked at,if the ref has cocked up it gets put right,the stoppages will be few and far between despite what the doom mongers say,it just needs to bed in and the refs to be confident with it,it's brand new

thats rubbish,the game is played as per normal and goals and red cards/dives in the box/penalty claims get looked at,if the ref has cocked up it gets put right,the stoppages will be few and far between despite what the doom mongers say,it just needs to bed in and the refs to be confident with it,it's brand new
I'm confused what bit is rubbish. So you're saying the commentator was wrong and that any goal scored from an incorrectly awarded corner would be allowed to stand?

The game is not played as per normal. Far from it. As far as you could imagine. Goal is scored, nobody celebrates, because we all wait for VAR. Wagner was so correct - it will and has killed the emotion. But hey, if it means we get robots deciding football, then the happy-clappers will be...happy. But they won't be clapping. VAR will have destroyed all enjoyment. It's a fucking game of football, where all the dramas of previous games (Aguero being the ultimate) would be rendered redundant if we have VAR. Fucking garbage. And anyone that thinks it's a good thing, have a look at rugby/cricket. Nearly every single decision is reviewed. I'll side with Buffon and Wagner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.