Wigan (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't have thought the ACTUAL team would have been decided yet.
i'm not upset,i'm annoyed,it's getting out of control with this guy,a few mins before the official team news is one thing but a whole day is not on,if he does it before the cup final or the derby then it could be a real disadvantage,wigan probably won't have enough to make it an issue this time,having said that planning for sane and sterling bombing down the wings and a much slower game down the sides makes all the difference to know this early whoever the opposition is

In your opinion, or your guess, where is the information coming from and who knows.

You are probably one of the first people to get the quotes and up to date info,
If it is a journo who tells the journo?

Unless Pep couldnt care less, if he did he wouldn't he have stopped it weeks ago.
I've always found the uproar around the opposition knowing our starting 11 amusing. It's the one area I genuinely part with Pep. As I think generally speaking he tends to eschew lots of these old school thinking.

But when it comes to starting list, he like most old school managers (and fans) is big on being uninformative.

Here is my view, say I'm a manager of a team about to play City, do I really need to know who Pep is going to play to plan for them? Not really.

Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Delph, Fernandihno, Silva, Kevin, Sterling, Sane, Aguero (and another CB).

Then there is the possibility of Silva instead of one of the Wingers, and Gundogan instead of one of the 8s, and when healthy Jesus instead of Aguero.

It's not particularly complexed to contingently plan for all those possibilities together. And if Pep plays any other player outside the above 14, he is in fact playing a weaker team and I don't need to plan for that. I'd simply just be happy he did.

Similarly, knowing Ota and Sterling aren't playing doesn't do much to change my preparations. I simply plan to withstand a barrage of attacks from one of the best attacking teams. I'm not busy drawing up new plans coz Sterling isn't playing. And whatever contingency plans I had before simply is followed.

Take a look what can happen when you rest more than half the team as per some suggestions on here that we do for Wigan.
I'm confident however Pep will put a very strong team out and attempt to put the pie eaters out of their misery early, then make changes.
Dale are bottom of the league and gave Spurs a proper fright playing their B team until the last 10.

I've always found the uproar around the opposition knowing our starting 11 amusing. It's the one area I genuinely part with Pep. As I think generally speaking he tends to eschew lots of these old school thinking.

But when it comes to starting list, he like most old school managers (and fans) is big on being uninformative.

Here is my view, say I'm a manager of a team about to play City, do I really need to know who Pep is going to play to plan for them? Not really.

Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Delph, Fernandihno, Silva, Kevin, Sterling, Sane, Aguero (and another CB).

Then there is the possibility of Silva instead of one of the Wingers, and Gundogan instead of one of the 8s, and when healthy Jesus instead of Aguero.

It's not particularly complexed to contingently plan for all those possibilities together. And if Pep plays any other player outside the above 14, he is in fact playing a weaker team and I don't need to plan for that. I'd simply just be happy he did.

Similarly, knowing Ota and Sterling aren't playing doesn't do much to change my preparations. I simply plan to withstand a barrage of attacks from one of the best attacking teams. I'm not busy drawing up new plans coz Sterling isn't playing. And whatever contingency plans I had before simply is followed.
Correct meens fuck all to the oppoition they are still shitting it.

Paul Cook was interviewed on Talkshite, the other day. He said they would be preparing to face Manchester City and it didn't matter
who the personnel were, as we had world class players all over the shop.

Paul Cook was interviewed on Talkshite, the other day. He said they would be preparing to face Manchester City and it didn't matter
who the personnel were, as we had world class players all over the shop.
That's the point. Preparing for City is about organization, banks of four, getting behind the ball, tracking the Central mids, and doubling up on the wingers (regardless of who they are)

Think we should take a good look at the spurs team today and what happened there...and then laugh our tits off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.