VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Dzeko's header in the QPR game would have been disallowed under VAR: there was a clear infringement 44 minutes earlier when Kiddo turned on the cappuccino machine slightly too soon, thus burning the beans. Had Mancini been given the option of reviewing this we'd have restarted the 2nd half slightly earlier, thus everything that followed would have been rendered irrelevant.

Whatever you say, Donald.

Meanwhile actual sports such as rugby and american football have took it in their stride and you'll not hear fans complain about it.
To be fair, I've heard plenty of rugby fans complain about its overuse in rugby and the officials' overreliance on it for even the most obvious calls. I hope that's something we steer away from in football, but it seems to be the natural progression in most sports.

I've watched City for forty four years. I've seen us on the end of some shocking decisions. I've seen us benefit from shocking decisions. I'll take that over this nonsense.
And VAR wouldn't make one iota of a difference to players being fouled. Not one.
You think VAR's good; I think it's rubbish. We'll see.

I totally agree with you. This s..t will kill the beautiful game as we knew it. Some people don’t realize that as long as it is run by humans, who are still incompetent or corrupt, it will not do much to change the current problems, apart from killing the momentum and the flow of the game.

Personally I'm not completely sure where I sit on this. I was utterly against VAR to begin with but it seems like the standard of reffing has really gone down hill in last couple of years.
However, one of the problems with refs at the moment is them bottling decisions. I think because of their lack of balls, they will be more and more likely to rely on VAR for every decision.
Before we go down the VAR route I'd prefer it if the refs had to face the media and explain decisions. Maybe if they couldn't hide after a game they'd be more likely to make the right call.

If you were relegated because of mistakes, you'd think otherwise.

But I guess you believe "it all evens out"

Funny how it hasn't taken any emotion out of it for other sports fanbases, if anything it builds the tension.

I'm sick of being screwed out of goals and penalties over the years and seeing blatant match fixing and ineptitude.

If VAR fixes it, bring it on. Just mic the refs so we can hear them talk shite and eliminate the secrecy.
Sadly it won't fix it. It could fix it - but the refs will make sure it won't.

I've watched City for forty four years. I've seen us on the end of some shocking decisions. I've seen us benefit from shocking decisions. I'll take that over this nonsense.
And VAR wouldn't make one iota of a difference to players being fouled. Not one.
You think VAR's good; I think it's rubbish. We'll see.
I agree. So far for every bad decision it's reversed, it's made at least 2 clear errors and approved 2 clear errors. 4:1 is not a goid ratio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.