At what point do we have a real fixture congestion???

After the international break this is how it could pan out for us:

March 31st - Everton
April 3rd/4th - CL Q/F 1st Leg
April 7th/8th - Scum
April 10th/11th - CL Q/F 2nd Leg
April 14th/15th - Spurs
April 17th/18th - Brighton
April 21st/22nd - FAC S/F
April 24th/25th - CL S/F 1st Leg
April 28th/29th - West Ham
May 1st\2nd - CL S/F 2nd Leg
May 5th/6th - Huddersfield
May 8th/9th - Swansea
May 13th - Southampton

Could be even more challenging to fit in an Arsenal rearranged game if we draw tomorrow night. Or could be much less challenging if we get knocked out of FAC and CL before the semi final stages. Personally I hope it pans out as above and we win the lot of em.

I know this a bit first world problem like.... but if we wrap the league up early based on the above, that would mean getting the trophy on a Tuesday or Wednesday night at home against Swansea rather than a Saturday or Sunday against Huddersfield

Scrap the League Cup no replays in FAC should solve it Less international breaks would be nice

No way.
I like the League Cup and it should stay imo.
No replays in either Cup competitions & scrap the two legged S/F would work just fine.
I agree on international breaks though, they are shite!

Although there is congestion, relative to our PL “rivals” it’s not that bad is it? Chelsea’s, spurs and scum also have CL and FAC, so relative to them we have one extra game, and 0 extra v spurs, Liverpool still have CL. Given our 16 points gap we can managae the domestic effect, and in the last 6 weeks of the season we will be in a better position to manage the PL games to the advantage of the CL, which is where we are disadvantaged. Would rather manage the fixtures with a 16 point gap than be looking over shoulder scrapping for positions 2 to 4

I know this a bit first world problem like.... but if we wrap the league up early based on the above, that would mean getting the trophy on a Tuesday or Wednesday night at home against Swansea rather than a Saturday or Sunday against Huddersfield

We'll have the trophy long before Swansea.

Although there is congestion, relative to our PL “rivals” it’s not that bad is it? Chelsea’s, spurs and scum also have CL and FAC, so relative to them we have one extra game, and 0 extra v spurs, Liverpool still have CL. Given our 16 points gap we can managae the domestic effect, and in the last 6 weeks of the season we will be in a better position to manage the PL games to the advantage of the CL, which is where we are disadvantaged. Would rather manage the fixtures with a 16 point gap than be looking over shoulder scrapping for positions 2 to 4
Exactly what I said in a previous post, and now Spurs have a cup replay so that only leaves the Scousers with less fixtures.

beat wigan amd brighton gets moved, beat southampton and swansea gets moved.

don't see the issue,as the FA cup qtr final has no replay so it will mean a game every 3- 4 days if we are in all comps and if we wrap the league up by the rahgs game them we can rotate and rest players

Just spotted this..nearly had commitments for both Brighton and Swansea (flights etc) and now both very likely to be moved albeit Southampton is a home fixtures the same weekend as Brighton. So many variables this time of the season FS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.