Talksport

It isn't disrespecting cancer patients and is in no way is intended to either. The World's full of things to get rightly aggrieved about.

Comparing Alli's diving to cancer?

I have never had cancer but members of my family have and the pain that disease causes is awful. And I am offended by talksport's editorial decision to go with the cancer analogy which seems to belittle that vicious and cruel disease.

Or maybe, as you suggest, i am getting het up over nothing.

Comparing Alli's diving to cancer?

I have never had cancer but members of my family have and the pain that disease causes is awful. And I am offended by talksport's editorial decision to go with the cancer analogy which seems to belittle that vicious and cruel disease.

Or maybe, as you suggest, i am getting het up over nothing.
I don't need the lecture on cancer thanks.
It's a saying, everybody knows what it means. Congratulations for being the first snowflake I've heard get hot and bothered about it.
Alas you will probably have your day and the use of it will be banned in these clamour to be offended times

The hilarious bob mills putting tonight’s game in the context of yesterday’s spud’s efforts ;
‘Wigan are a much better side than Rochdale , but City are only a little better than spurs’
20 points and a hammering last time we played them better mills you twat.

Alli dives.
Alli cheats.
Alli isn't a nice person.
Alli isn't a very good footballer.

Seem like reasonable comments

"Alli is a "cancer" in football" on a national radio station feels seems to be over the top. And sort of seems to disrespect cancer patients.

It’s a pretty common saying and I don’t see anything bad about saying it. If he was wishing cancer on Alli then I’d say otherwise.

I don't need the lecture on cancer thanks.
It's a saying, everybody knows what it means. Congratulations for being the first snowflake I've heard get hot and bothered about it.
Alas you will probably have your day and the use of it will be banned in these clamour to be offended times

Alli's diving has not destroyed as many lives as cancer. It is a ludicrous and disrespectful analogy.

We would all be offended if someone said

"Sterling's diving is the AIDS of football"

So a don't get why you say "Alli's diving is a cancer in football" is ok.

What is the difference?

Alli's diving has not destroyed as many lives as cancer. It is a ludicrous and disrespectful analogy.

What is the difference?
I agree, someone said my corners are like Kidney Stones, I'm writing to my MP.

What is the difference?

Calling something a 'cancer' is a well-known, everyday saying.

Calling something an 'AIDS' is not.

What is the difference?
And it would be ludicrous to say it's the pulmonary embolism or the eboli of football too. Youv'e converted me - take your outrage to social media and get your campaign going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.