Wigan (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones and Laporte must start. They are both more important to our future successes than Kompany and therefore need the minutes more than him. Stones needs to re-find his early season form and Laporte needs games to adjust to the team. To me it seems the obvious selection.
This was my reasoning too.

I hope we smash these fuckers. Didn't they boo our players when they went to get their runners up medals? I am also sick of hearing their final win was one of the biggest upsets in the history of football. While we were favourites they were in the premier league at the time with some decent players.

Actually if I’m right it wouldn’t make sense to start Laporte because Stones needs game time and Kompany is rusty.

At least we agree on Kompany starting the cup finals :)

Would make sense to start Kompany tonight as he is rusty and needs rediscover top form before the final, there is a long rest between games so it is not necessary to rest him tonight.

We’ll see soon who starts.

For the record I think we’ll see the following provided everyone is fit:

Wigan- Kompany-Stones
Cup final- Otamendi- Kompany
Arsenal away- Otamendi- Stones
Chelsea home-Otamendi-Kompany

What’s your prediction of CB pairings for these matches?? Then we can compare ;)
Hmmmm. Let me don my Pep hat
Wigan- Laporte-Stones
Arsenal away- Otamendi- Laporte

That's my guess :)

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Let me done my Pep hat
Wigan- Laporte-Stones

Interesting :) let’s see what happens!!

Sounding close to a dipper there mate. No doubt Vincent might play the final but if he does it's because Pep feels he is a better fit against Arsenal than the other 2 CBs he displaces. Pep is as unsentimental as it gets.
Well, it won't be the first time I got Pep's hints wrong. I sense it was a hint when he used the phrase 'Komps lifting trophies' rather than 'City lifting trophies'. I don't agree with such sentiments. I just think Pep hinted at it. :)

Hmmmm. Let me don my Pep hat
Wigan- Laporte-Stones

That’s what I’d play as well. Kompany can only play one game a week maximum and even though he’s been sloppy at times since his latest return from injury, he’s still our best defender for me. His first 30 minutes against Burnley was like he’d never been away but he tired after that. Harsh on Stones too because every mistake he’s made has pretty much led to a goal whereas Kompany and Otamendi have got away with it.

I understand up to a point why people want our best keeper to start but bravo will look better with his distribution with a better defence in front of him than in the earlier rounds.

We shouldn't be worried about our keeper against Wigan. Arsenal might be a different story but they have more to worry about from us than vice versa.

Bravo deserves to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.