At what point do we have a real fixture congestion???

Yeah, I seem to remember we played Stoke at home last season on the same night Barca staged that remarkable turnaround against PSG. And that was at a time when the congestion wasn't quite as bad as the one that looks to be looming this time round.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...oke-on-a-champions-league-night-35511354.html

This is correct but, as per the link above, there could be repercussions.
The club definitely don't want a home match after Huddersfield as that game is being marketed corporately as the match for the premier league presentation.

Yeah, I seem to remember we played Stoke at home last season on the same night Barca staged that remarkable turnaround against PSG. And that was at a time when the congestion wasn't quite as bad as the one that looks to be looming this time round.

I thought we mioght have done it in 2013/4 but now I look back, we had United to rearrange because we were in the LC Final when we should have played them plus Villa from the date of the Cup quarter final and Sunderland, which was postponed owing to the weather. We ended up playing United on a free midweek towards hte end of March, then Sunderland and Villa in the equivalent CL-free weeks that will exist this time. We avoided worse congestion by getting knocked out of the CL and FAC - hope it doesn't happen this time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.