Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

Lots of reasons we lost that, dubious pitch, dubious red, returning players not up to speed, mistake at the back when they had nothing going for them at all in that 2nd half (for the record I don’t blame Bravo o

Hope pep throws his curling tongs at a few of them. Not good enough. Sack the board cause we just handed them cu*ts down the road the cup as the FA make dam sure the cu*ts will win it

Difficult when you've got a ref so obviously corrupt but it doesn't excuse a few performances. I've been saying it all season, bernardo and gundogan simply do not do enough for the team. They're all too willing to just keep things tidy and pass the responsibility of actually being the game changer to somebody else.

Gundogan has started to look a little bit livlier of late but when we need something from him he seems to go back into his shell and keep it safe and let KDB or Silva do the hard work.

Bernardo gets more of a pass as he's not playing in his true position but it still needs saying that he offers very little penetration out wide. His complete 1 sided approach makes it so easy for the left back to contain him, he needs to go in the centre where he can go both ways and make him unpredictable or try him on the left where he can spread the play and go on the outside.

On the bright side, we all knew the quadruple was never happening and now it can stop the media circus hyping it up and allow us to concentrate on winning the champions league. I'm annoyed tonight but I'll be over this very quickly as our season has been too good and still promises so much.

Wigan should be heavily fined for the pitch invasion, no protection for the players and no sign of a cordon around the city fans, if that was us we'd get the book thrown at us, we'll probably end up being fined instead.

Not sure how much blame you can place on Stones for not digging Walker out of trouble fast enough... it was Walker's mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.