Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

Literally no point in appealing that, there's zero chance that gets overturned. Nobody genuinely thinks it's a red but they'll never undermine their refs. I hope Pep loses his calm demeanour and goes after Taylor in the media for that and just take the fine. It's disgraceful how it will get swept under the rug with no consequences whilst Delph sits out a three game ban in 3 key games including a cup final.

He's just robbed a player of a cup final appearance

Really gutted, as all of us are, but they deserved it. Defended brilliantly, never let their concentration waver and took their one chance with a fantastic finish. But we played, by our own high standards, poorly. We were one-paced and predictable and our final ball was invariably misplaced or unintelligent, our shooting lamentable. As the game went on you could, in all honesty, see that result coming. Let’s show some magnanimity, Blues, and some dignity in defeat. When you’re used to winning, it’s important to show some class when you lose. And though Taylor is a unremittingly shit referee, he didn’t lose us that game: we still had the quality on the park, the possession and control of the ball to get a result but we weren’t good enough where and when it mattered on the night. In my heart of hearts, I knew the quadruple was never on. We need now to forget this one, bounce back and in the immediate term get this defeat out of our system by winning our next game and lifting the Carabao Cup. Then on to securing the title and going all out for the Champions League. Let the Rags, Spuds and Chelsea (and ... er ... Wigan) scrap it out for the FA Cup.
Yeah, it just didn't happen. Nothing but us and Wigan and Wigan won.

After what this team has given us this season some on here should hang their fucking heads in shame with some of the comments after tonight's game in which the ref has royally fucked us over yet again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.