Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

We were top heavy with passers and no strikers. This was exactly the kind of game we needed someone like Sanchez or Mahrez to get through that defence.

It will inspire a lot of teams that will because it looks like a way to beat us. In truth we beat ourselves for not having that cutting edge up front.

And most teams will not get away with defending for 90 minutes against us.

Wigan defended well but mostly for once we just did not attack well enough.

That kind of game happens, but not often.

Very important now though that he rethinks his Wembley strategy. No sentiment. Best team end of.

Going into the two key PL games we have to be over tonight and on a high. The final has become more important to our season than it would have been had we won tonight.

He has to have the worst shot to goals conceded ratio in history. He had nothing to do except one thing and yet again he failed . If he plays Sunday we'll need to score 4 . He has been a terrible buy, mind you Danillo runs him close. Gundogan and Bernardo are not up to it either. Our defending has gone to the dogs lately. Tonight was a throwback to the old days. I had hoped they had gone forever.

Bravo is probably the main reason we're in the final on Sunday. It was a good finish. Walker's brain lapse cost us.

You can hardly blame Aguero really, the fans have invaded the pitch and he has no idea what could happen.

Literally no point in appealing that, there's zero chance that gets overturned. Nobody genuinely thinks it's a red but they'll never undermine their refs. I hope Pep loses his calm demeanour and goes after Taylor in the media for that and just take the fine. It's disgraceful how it will get swept under the rug with no consequences whilst Delph sits out a three game ban in 3 key games including a cup final.

He's just robbed a player of a cup final appearance
I have no really issue with it being given as red (as I have been livid for similar challenges on our players getting at most a yellow in other matches).

What I do have any issue with is the high tackle through Aguero’s new early in the match which wasn’t even a card in Taylor’s mind.

That is how they get us. They allow the ones that can be written off as “too early in the match” (should never be a consideration but we will know it is), “marginal”, were just “mistimed”, or were not from “that sort of player”.

In contrast, any and all transgressions—borderline or otherwise—are harshly punished.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.