Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

we can't win every game. we have to put things into perspective. going for 4 trophies is near enough impossible. this season we have been brilliant, so there isn't really much to moan about
We get a few weekends off now I guess. Some small comfort. I hope Rochdale win the cup now.

Battered em
Couldn’t hit the onion bag
Kyle fucked up
Taylor is a ****

Think I covered all the bases there

I think we all know it would be a yellow (if that, judging by the reaction of the earlier knee-high challenge in Aguero)... but that shouldn’t be the standard.

I can’t really complain about the red as it was on the wrong side of borderline for me.

What I will complain about (until Taylor is canned or jailed) is the inconsistency in what is and isn’t a red card offence. And there is an argument to be made that Delph’s poor challenge would have never occurred had their player been rightly sent off earlier in the match.

Both yellows for me. Also. Taylor has a history of changing his mind when it comes to us

On

Once Sane went off we lost the ability to go bast the full back - we worked Walker in a few times but his final ball was shocking. Bernardo had loads of opportunity but wouldn’t take his man on. That sort of defence needed to be turned around. We played in front of them and made it easier for them.
exactly. They played like Leicester under Ranieri. Very deep and very narrow with huge center backs. They let us have the wings and wanted us to cross it in the area high. We obliged. No sterling and then Sane went off meant we had no one capable of driving in the area and creating. Danilo was alone on the left with no left foot and Silva was in the right and lets face it he did fuck all but pass it back in the middle. We miss Sterling and Sane as a duo. Really hope they are both playing Sunday

we can't win every game. we have to put things into perspective. going for 4 trophies is near enough impossible. this season we have been brilliant, so there isn't really much to moan about

Spot on, it's an incredible season and this is a rare diapointment. We weren't quite at it today but these things happen.

Let's hope it's a different matter on Sunday, a cup final win would be a great way to bounce back!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.